• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just made my first ever sponge cake :D

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
I'm very proud!!
1560670_10151963073773737_459235150_n.jpg

I've been trying to get into baking recently and have learnt how to do cupcakes and have made brownies with help from a friend.
So today I decided to try a basic sponge cake :D
Its not very even and put a bit too much icing sugar on....but hopefully it'll taste nice :D

That looks yummy! And now I really want sponge cake! :lol:

Congrats on a well turned out cake! :thumb:

I love baking, but I do all mine from boxes :( and if something doesn't come out looking like Julia Child just baked it I get all deflated. :roll:
I did try to make a chocolate cake from scratch once. It was terrible! :shock: But I've done some decent pies, surprisingly. ;)

I love baking - there is the fun of mixing it all together - and then the trepidation when it goes into the oven - will it work?:shock: And then the joy when it comes out looking vaguely like the picture:D

And of course the joy in eating - no matter how they look, cakes generally just taste fab :p

My waistine cannot cope with too much cake and hubby doesn't eat much cake either - so most of my cakes come to work with me:thumb:

Back