• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miss Bunny Penny Lost the Use of Her Back Legs This Morning :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
At the age of 13 we know we are approaching 'the time' :cry: She has had a shot of a corticosteroid and after a few hours she is able to stand again. She can manage to get herself about, albeit very unsteadily. She is still eating well and very calm. She was a bit upset at first as she had wee'd whilst unable to stand. She has always been an immaculately clean Rabbit, so being soiled was particularly unpleasant for her. She is all clean and dry again now and much happier.

The steroid will last for about 7-10 days, it remains to be seen what may happen from now on. I will of course treasure every minute she has left with us. 13 years is a long time to share with a Bunny.

Please give Miss Bunny Penny a gentle nose rub from us, I hope she can remain happy and comfortable for a while longer yet xxx

Bless her, she's a beautiful old girl. Sending nose-rubs and hoping she remains as stable as possible. xx

:cry: sending mega vibes for Miss Bunny Penny, hope she can remain comfortable for a good while yet xx

I'm sorry to hear of this setback, Jane. :(
I hope Miss BP has plenty of comfy and happy time with you yet. ((((((((Hugs))))))) xxxx

13 years old is incredible. :shock: I didn't know she was 13.

Sending her lots of vibes and nose rubs. I'm glad she has improved a bit and is feeling better. x

Hope she remains comfortable and on her feet for as long as possible, she really is amazing rabbit (and so snowy white!) xx

How did Miss Bunny Penny cope with you cleaning her?

I find bunnies often realise we are trying to make them more comfortable and just relax. My Bridge Bun Daisy had to have regular cleans as she was unable to do it herself due to illness and she seemed to understand I was doing it for her own good. Daisy was elderly, but nowhere near as old as Miss Bunny Penny.

Back