• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Bob and Rex looking for a house bunny home - Leeds

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of ...

Janthack said:
Hi.
I have two beautiful house rabbits, Rex and Bob. They are dwarf lops, about three years old. They are both neutered males, fully inoculated, good health (though Bob could do with slimming a bit. He likes his food.) They've been with me for about two years, living very happily on the upstairs floor of my home. They have a run as their base, but the gate is always open. Temperament - they're both a bit shy with strangers at first, since mostly they only see me, but friendly once they know you. Bob in particular has a problem with chewing things that aren't intended to be chewed, I'm finding giving him plenty of cardboard boxes to devour works quite well. But I wouldn't recommend him to someone who can't cope with an occasional nibble - and certainly no wires in reach! Neither of them likes being picked up; it's just not something I do so they've never got used to it. I get down to their level to stroke them, that's fine, but I think they associate picking up with visits to the vet.
I'm desperate to find a good indoor home for Bob and Rex, not because I don't love them. I have developed an allergy to them, which, coupled with my increasing disability, is making life very difficult (for me - they don't see any problem!)
Can you help? I really don't know where else to try. No way are they going to be stuck in a hutch outside and forgotten about, like so many rabbits I see.
I live around ten miles from Leeds, and I'm afraid I don't have any transport.
Janet Thackray

Back