• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Honey, Acorn and Baloo :)

silverrabbit

Mama Doe
Honey is doing really well and has lost a fair bit of her chunkiness now :love: She LOVES her hay and will choose hay over her pellets which i'm really pleased about! Because she was fed unlimited muesli (and no hay :? ) she was covered in smelly matted cecals when I went to pick her up. It really has taken a while to get her tummy sorted, plus being chubby meant she could not reach around to eat cecals or clean up :cry:

Anyway, she is looking very bright :D and she really binkies like mad now :love:

And Acorn has really changed physically... no longer horrendously thin and ravenous and has really settled into routine :love: And such a snuggle monster!!!

Baloo is still extremely nervous :( even lightly touching his nose or back would send him into a panic :cry: However, Baloo loves Fibafirst and have been using them to encourage him to interact with me :)

He recovered well from his cryptorchidectomy after the initial panic (he didn't handle the GA very well :( ) but still needs to gain a tad more weight. I think malnutrition has really messed Ivy and Baloo up :( Ivy is having bloods done for EC next week as the vet thinks this could be responsible for the lack of weight gain despite eating well.

ETA: don't worry about the lack of hay in the pictures, they were taken during clean out and was just putting hay in. They get lots :thumb:

Gumtree :( Free-ad and was in a terrible state: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?406898-Just-picked-up-a-rabbit-in-a-terrible-*Happy-Update*

She is a very sweet bun though a little territorial with her toys :roll: :lol:

I know what it was - there's a honey on Greenwich rabbit rescue, similar colouring though a dwarf x mini lop :)

She's lovely! Are you keeping her? I'm on the hunt for a small wife for my Neville this year, he's going to be neutered in feb!

I know what it was - there's a honey on Greenwich rabbit rescue, similar colouring though a dwarf x mini lop :)

She's lovely! Are you keeping her? I'm on the hunt for a small wife for my Neville this year, he's going to be neutered in feb!

Hoping to find her a home as she is healthy and I think she'd benefit from more hoomin time (I tend to keep dentals and snuffle buns as well as behavioural issues as they are likely to be PTS in rescues around here :( ). Think she would make a good house bunny, she LOVES running around and sitting on the couch :love: She's spayed and is about 2-3 years old :)

I also have baby bunnies who just turned 5 weeks old if you are looking for a younger bunneh friend for Neville ;) there are 2 girlies in the litter :)

I'm looking for somebun around his age :) I've only had him since October but he's been health checked and was always vaccinated with his previous owner, so he's pretty healthy too.

Tbh, getting the wife finding process going couldn't happen soon enough as it's making me sad when he grooms his bunny soft toy :( he's a very calm boy, isn't aggressive at all and he's not even neutered yet. So I think he'd love a friend.

I'll PM you x

Back