• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will having our Rabbit spayed help stop the constant peeing?

WalterWM

New Kit
We have two Rabbits, Walter a male who we have had around 16 months and and Jessica who we got around 3 months ago.

Walter was neautered last year but Jessica hasn't been.

Almost every single time she leaves the cage she pees. Sometimes twice! Walter has never done this.

Will having her spayed help this?

I expect it will yes , as u spayed females can be territorial so she mayb just marking her territory. Its important to get your female spayed as otherwise unspayed females are prone to cancer of the uterus b4 the age of 5 .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Because your female isn't spayed she is being very territorial. Most does when neutered become cleaner. If she is still quite young then you stand a very good chance of her becoming litter trained. You may have to confine her for a while until she learns to go in her litter tray. Good luck with her.

You can't guarantee things with a rabbit but yes, odds are it should improve the habit. If she's doing it in a routine sort of way it's likely marking behaviour which is driven a lot by hormones. You could try adding a second litter tray in the spot she goes most often, you might find that lets her spread her scent without being such a pain to clean :)

Back