• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That was really scary!

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Pickles was pestering for a treat so I gave him a carrot biscuit. He snatched it, but instead of settling down to eat it he's hopping round and round with it in his mouth. That sounds really cute but it was actually unnerving, because I think it was stuck in some way!? After a minute or 2 I picked him up and he grunted at me but didn't drop it, so I tried gently taking it from him and it broke - I was left with the main part but he still had the pointy end stuck somehow. I really panicked then thinking he was bound to start properly choking. He didn't though, just sat there with the end in his mouth. I had the idea of offering him some metacam, which he loves, to see how he reacted. I figured if he refused that then he really was in trouble. When he got a whiff of the stuff though he did start chewing and he swallowed the bit of biscuit. I really don't know what that was about! All I can think is that it was stuck in some way, but with after a few minutes it had started to disintegrate in his mouth so he was able to finish it. Scared me so much though!

Sounds really scary. My doggie Toby when he was a young dog choked on a piece of Mathesons Smoked Sausage and we were so scared. My hubby had Toby upside down smacking his back really hard, it eventually came out, we were terrified. But now Toby always chews his food, even tiny bits he will chew. So glad your bun is ok :)

Quite a few of my rabbits get so excited when they see a Fibafirst stick that they snatch it and proceed to run all over the place with it in their mouths. They will run around and around and won't eat it until their excitement drops :lol:

Quite a few of my rabbits get so excited when they see a Fibafirst stick that they snatch it and proceed to run all over the place with it in their mouths. They will run around and around and won't eat it until their excitement drops :lol:

I thought at first that was it, but he kept stopping and jerking his head like he was trying to eat it, but nothing was happening. I picked him up so he'd think I wanted to have it off him which should have made him eat it up, but he didn't. I don't know what it was really but I'm glad he's ok!

Back