• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping!

vicky_26

Warren Scout
So, Poppy and Parker have been bonded for over four months now and they seem to be the best of friends.... 90% of the time can be found snuggled up as if they just at least have to be touching!

When they first were put together there was persistent 'humping' from Poppy on Parker...but I thankfully persevered and it finally stopped completely 100% after a few weeks.

So tonight I see Poppy 'hump' Parker! Really hope it's just a one off and doesn't start up again. :0(

Are they male/female, neutered/spayed? I've had male female pairs they were both done but used to hump each other quite often. It never got aggressive though so I wasn't worried.

Two girls.... Parker is spayed but Poppy isn't so I guess it could be hormonal?

I was just so surprised to see it after her going so long without doing it!

Luckily I have (touch wood) never seen any aggression at any time between them

I would get Poppy spayed asap if possible.. females are MENTAL when they get hormonal :( I had 2 females dumped on me and Lavender had had her ear ripped right down the middle :cry: She may also get aggressive towards you and start lunging and biting :(

Yes I agree - sounds like its time to get Poppy spayed. In the long run, it would be very difficult to keep them happily bonded without spaying her as she will have territorial hormones, even if Parker doesn't. It sounds as if they may now be starting to kick in, possibly triggered by the increasing day length, in which case it is likely to ramp up as we head towards spring. Although we still have a lot of winter left, bunny hormones seem to be led more by daylight than temperature.

Good luck x x

Back