• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH is going to go mad :-(

xCupcakex

Young Bun
I'm sitting in our lounge, job hunting!, and I can her Jessica chewing what I thought was her cardboard box or tube that she loves. After a while I thought 'blimey she's chewing on that for ages' so I go out into our kitchen to find that she has chewed a 3inch section bit out of the bathroom door frame. We are in a rented flat! :( OH is out atm but will be back later and it's really noticeable. Any ideas on how I can fix it? She has already chewed the bathroom door but we thought we could just replace the door if we couldn't repair it but the frame is something else. Help!:shock:

Didn't no there was such a thing! It's not deep but there is no edge to the frame anymore. It's 3inch long. Is wood filler just for holes?

Woodfiller, you can get it in B&Q, Wilkinsons etc we had to use it when Buttons chewed through the skirting board and also the door panels. If the door frame is white that will be easier!

I may be saved! Thank you! Yes the door frame, skirting board and door are all white, which is good as they all have had the Jessica touch. Once I've fixed it what can I cover them with to protect them?

Panic over! Just spoke to OH and he didn't seem too fussed about the damage. He said it's fixable so not too worry. Jessica has won him over because she is so friendly so I think that has helped!

hi don't worry thing like that can be filled with a 2 part wood filler, sometimes its called plastic wood.

if you have any problems just ask i am a joiner.

les

Wow, that's some impressive chewing. My house bunny days were over when OH couldn't do an important conference call because his phone and laptop cables were chewed through. He was the one who left them on the ground but pointing that out didn't really help the situation!

I have used wood filler and plaster to fix all sorts of holes, some convincing paint and no one ever knows :thumb:

Wow, that's some impressive chewing. My house bunny days were over when OH couldn't do an important conference call because his phone and laptop cables were chewed through. He was the one who left them on the ground but pointing that out didn't really help the situation!

:lol::lol::lol: that really made me laugh!

Bobby chewed through the Hubby's surround sound system! I was in trouble lol!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When my OH got home and actually saw the damage he was ok about it. Although he said this evening that he thought she had just taken the paint off! Oh no she done a proper number on it! She is a Conti after all, the damage she causes is gona be bigger than normal!. We are just gona sand it down and paint for the moment then if we ever give we will fix it properly.

Beware mine seem to love wood filler even more than they loved the wood :lol::lol: ..... and plaster is a delicacy

Back