• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

teenage troubles

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
Hey

So it would appear by beautiful Poppy is going through puberty. She has started doing poos to sent mark and is getting a bit territorial about her hutch. She's she binkying around like a nutter and flopping, when I sit in front of her hutch she still hops out onto my knee and grooms me so I think shes still happy she is just also a little grumpy, shes started growling etc. I'm taking her to the vets next week for a jabs and while I'm there I'm going to discuss getting her spayed during Feb half term (I'm a teacher so it means she'll have my undivided attention for the whole week) but in the mean time does anyone have any tips on making sure she's happy and not too mixed up by her hormones.

Many thanks x

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do except for keeping her entertained and distracted. Last thing you need is a hormonal bun that's also bored :shock::lol:

She has lot's of toys, do you think some fresh new ones for her to investigate may distract her from her grumpiness? She's has a cardboard box for about 2 weeks now and has started shredding it in the last couple of days!

She has lot's of toys, do you think some fresh new ones for her to investigate may distract her from her grumpiness? She's has a cardboard box for about 2 weeks now and has started shredding it in the last couple of days!

Ah bless her, it must be so frustrating for them when they're hormonal :(

I would think some new toys would help distract her definitely, and lots of free range time exploring if possible :wave:

Something to dig may be fun for her too. Rolled up newspaper in a box or fleeces ... does generally like to dig.

she has a big fleece type throw and some tea-towels that she likes to dig, push and throw around her pen. I just want to make sure she happy really until I can do something a bit more permanent to help her!

Back