• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

timothyhay.co.uk

TD86

Alpha Buck
Hi there :wave:

I bought 3kg of hay for my two female rabbits about a month and a half ago and they absolutely loved it! Sooo, I bought them 20kg which arrived about a week ago and they are just not keen, it even seems to be making them a tad aggressive (towards each other and me) :roll:. I've bought some additional Tesco meadow hay which they are eating as they have never been fussy when it comes to hay (generally I would alternate between Asda, Tesco and Wilko) but I'm thinking that maybe the hay from timothyhay.co.uk has been scented by another rabbit??

Has anyone else had any issues with the hay from here?

Thanks

No, I saw some good reviews on here for timothyhay.co.uk and after my two loved the first batch, I thought it would be a great idea to buy in bulk...

I just wish they could tell me why they're not eating it!

That is bizarre, sorry I can't be of much help. I hope they come round after you purchasing so much of it. It would be a shame if they didn't :(

Maybe you are right, they are getting the scent of another animal on it whether it be rabbits or a Fox or something :/

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully!

I should be gaining another rabbit next week (rescued) and from what I have heard, he doesn't even know what hay is so it won't go to waste (hopefully he will enjoy it!). It just upsets me I guess when they won't eat what is or should be lovely hay and will instead opt for the vacuum packed stuff :roll:

I don't buy hay off the net but had a similar situation with hay from The Range. My girls loved it, went nuts for it. Then went off it totally and I mean wouldn't eat it at all; their poops changed too indicating they didn't like/eat it. Bought them Asda's meadow hay and they devoured it, poops back to lovely golden ones (if only they were real gold ... :lol:). They are now eating The Range's hay again so I firmly believe it was simply a bad batch. Maybe you have been unfortunate to have received a bad batch; to us it looks and smells the same but to a bunny it's "off". There's naff all you can do about it if that is the case I'm afraid other than to use it as bedding/litter tray lining.

Back