• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got sassed :(

Dusty_bugs

Young Bun
So I've got the guineapigs in the hallway under the stairs and when the rabbits are out to play I seal up the cage and block off the inner corner where I keep all their fresh bedding, hay and crunchies.

Darling little brown bunny decides she wanted a look at this forbidden zone and had spent all evening trying to jump up over it. Every time she'd grab a towel before landing back down and I'd have to rebuild the barricade. After 3 or 4 attempts she got frustrated, she would stand on her back legs peering upwards, then she'd make that grunting sound followed by a foot stomp!! She did this about 5 times before launching herself up the stairs and camping out up there for a bit. I got totally sassed.

Should I just tidy away these bits and let her roam all over, or should I stick my ground and keep 'forbidden zone' forbidden?? They don't half make a racket trying to get at it :p

I think I'd just give in and tidy it away. In my experience, once a rabbit has decided it wants to get somewhere, it won't stop trying until it succeeds. They really are amazingly stubborn animals! Especially if there's food involved, which I suspect might be the reason why she's showing so much interest to begin with. She might be planning a robbery against your poor piggies :lol:

Unbelievable aren't they. I always laugh at how they are so frightened about being picked up, but if you're prepping veggies for them they will head butt you in the face for them... quite literally (their pen is quite high up).

I think I'd just give in and tidy it away. In my experience, once a rabbit has decided it wants to get somewhere, it won't stop trying until it succeeds. They really are amazingly stubborn animals! Especially if there's food involved, which I suspect might be the reason why she's showing so much interest to begin with. She might be planning a robbery against your poor piggies :lol:

Totally agree with this - we've recently had a similar situation where Rosie (rabbit) has been trying to get on top of the guinea pig's hutch in the shed, because that's where the GP nuggets are kept. Even after barricading it with a spare run panel she managed to find a way up there. :shock:

i always say never underestimate the power of a determined rabbit :lol: in my old flat Rolo literally ate thru my barricade in his obsession with getting behind the washing machine to eat the cable :roll:

Back