• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby unwell :( UPDATE : Happy bun !!!

luna

Mama Doe
As some of you know I took Bobby and Rosie to the vet on Monday for a check up and nails. Everything went really well and Bobbys teeth looked good etc but now Bobby is sitting all hunched up at the back of his crate and refusing food. So unlike him.he was fine this morning !!!

We have just given him critical care and will give him more 9pm. I have an appointment with the vet at 10am. I'm thinking it's a problem with gas or maybe even gi stasis (but I hope not ) from his behaviour . I will be letting them out for the evening after dinner and that will give me a better idea.

The emergency vets are useless with small pets and they are all students so that is why I am waiting to see my vet Eamonn who I trust 100%! I know some of you might not agree with that but my experiences of going to university college Dublin (emergency vets ) had been so bad that I swore never to go back again :(

If anyone has any spare vibes to give Bobby I would be so grateful :) x

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Is he pooing ? If not then syringe feeding could make him much worse.

You know I don't think he is pooing Jane ... :( he hasn't perked up at all since that feed like they normally do. And he hasn't come out of the crate since I opened it and is refusing all food and sitting hunched up with his ears forward (he is a lop ) if I lose him tonight I will never forgive myself :(

You know I don't think he is pooing Jane ... :( he hasn't perked up at all since that feed like they normally do. And he hasn't come out of the crate since I opened it and is refusing all food and sitting hunched up with his ears forward (he is a lop ) if I lose him tonight I will never forgive myself :(

I really would get him to a Vet tonight. If he is not pooing then there is a chance he has an obstruction and that can prove to be fatal within hours. He certainly will be in pain, so he really cant wait all night for pain relief.

They are not experienced with small animals. It's a training college for student vets and both myself and my friend have lost guinea pigs through their negligence. It is the only emergency vet in Dublin.

They are not experienced with small animals. It's a training college for student vets and both myself and my friend have lost guinea pigs through their negligence. It is the only emergency vet in Dublin.

I know how awful it is to have a totally useless emergency vet. Everything is telling you to get to a vet now but you know the chances are they will make a bad situation worse. So frustrating :(

I once had a rabbit that started fitting turned out it was due to ec. But emergency vet said it was floppy rabbit syndrome to go home and have her pts by my own vet in the morning!!

She lived another two years. Thankfully we have a great emergency vet now. But i really feel for you :(

I wish you and your bunny the best of luck what ever you decide x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I know how awful it is to have a totally useless emergency vet. Everything is telling you to get to a vet now but you know the chances are they will make a bad situation worse. So frustrating :(

I once had a rabbit that started fitting turned out it was due to ec. But emergency vet said it was floppy rabbit syndrome to go home and have her pts by my own vet in the morning!!

She lived another two years. Thankfully we have a great emergency vet now. But i really feel for you :(

I wish you and your bunny the best of luck what ever you decide x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and share your experience with me. I'm glad you have a good emergency vet that you can rely on and trust now. That must make the world of difference.

Between my own experience with the emergency vet and the horror stories other people have told me I would not entrust the care of my pets to them again unless of course I had a cat or dog in which case I'm sure they would be fine.

Bobby came out and sat with us in the living room. He sat hunched up on the window sill and had a drink of water. Our appointment is at 10am but they are open at 8.30 so if he is in a bad way in the morning we will drive straight in for that time. I am praying my little man will be okay x

Thanks everyone for the good vibes x

Just a little update on Bobby. After his second feed of critical care he perked up around midnight and is now hopping about, nomming hay, ate half his pellets, took a treat and a little piece of banana and is now on his favorite spot (the window sill) grooming Rosie.

umynube7.jpg

ehamu4a8.jpg

enu7aqe6.jpg

I have postponed the appointment till 6pm so I can observe him in the meantime.

Last edited:
Back