• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone used Rag, Tag & Bobtail boarding in Redcar?

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
Hi, I'm going away in February for a few days and need to board my buns. They usually go to a place in Stockton but it's a fair journey and I'm not that convinced they're much cop as the same company but different branch (we were her first rabbits) didn't inspire any confidence as she said they would get plenty of lettuce :shock:. I corrected her and said I was rather alarmed at the fact she thought they could have lettuce. Anyway, that's a different story.

So, googling the net just I found Rag, Tag & Bobtail in Redcar which is a short hop away for us and wondered if anyone on here had heard of them/used them? Long shot I know as we're dotted all over the world, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks!

Rag Tag & Bobtail

Hi, I'm going away in February for a few days and need to board my buns. They usually go to a place in Stockton but it's a fair journey and I'm not that convinced they're much cop as the same company but different branch (we were her first rabbits) didn't inspire any confidence as she said they would get plenty of lettuce :shock:. I corrected her and said I was rather alarmed at the fact she thought they could have lettuce. Anyway, that's a different story.

So, googling the net just I found Rag, Tag & Bobtail in Redcar which is a short hop away for us and wondered if anyone on here had heard of them/used them? Long shot I know as we're dotted all over the world, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks!

Hi Angie,

I've used her..my bunnies and piggies were well looked after, there were regular pics posted on facebook so I could see how they were getting on while I was away. She's a lovely lady who knows her stuff.. just wish I had her garden :) Hope that helps x

Ooh I didn't know there was bunny boarding in redcar, and I live there! Probably best to visit, maybe unannounced, to get a feel for the place before you commit to a booking.
The other option, if it's just a few days, is the pet sitting services, I think there is one in Teesside somewhere.
Let us know what you think if you decide to use them.

Hi Angie,

I've used her..my bunnies and piggies were well looked after, there were regular pics posted on facebook so I could see how they were getting on while I was away. She's a lovely lady who knows her stuff.. just wish I had her garden :) Hope that helps x

Yes, it does; thanks!

Ooh I didn't know there was bunny boarding in redcar, and I live there! Probably best to visit, maybe unannounced, to get a feel for the place before you commit to a booking.
The other option, if it's just a few days, is the pet sitting services, I think there is one in Teesside somewhere.Let us know what you think if you decide to use them.

I used a pet sitting service once and was horrified with it and vowed never to use them again. Can't put a name on here though, but if you're intrigued then I can PM you!

Yes, she's doing this as a little hobby really as she retires later on this year but wanted to keep busy. Been to see her today to view and have bagged a lovely large hutch for my girls. They'd have to stay in the hutch the entire stay though as they don't like being handled/picked up and therefore she couldn't take them into the house (which I didn't like that idea anyway to be honest). However, she's having a shed/summer house built at the start of February which hopefully will be ready for when I take my girls and she said that if it is, they can go in there. Her garden is not rabbit proof though, which she herself pointed out, but she's hoping to get something done fairly soon so that the bunnies can run about in part of it (it's a very big garden and a bunny could easily get lost in it! :lol:).

She seemed to know what she was on about and was shocked when I told her my other boarder was going to feed them lettuce ... and promised that's one thing that she would not be feeding them! She had a lovely little black/white Dutch in (Bertie?) an outdoor hutch and a lop in the house (this may have been Bertie). She also has free-roaming cats :shock: however they're quite old (12 & 13) and didn't appear interested in the rabbits one jot. She also has 2 hens roaming the garden - probably best my bunnies aren't allowed out then as they'd chase them off! (They chase the pheasants out of the garden so hens wouldn't be a problem! :lol:)

So they're booked in and I'm happy with what I saw. She is a lovely lady and we chatted away for ages!

Well I left Coco and Thumper exploring their temporary new home, thumping occasionally. Hopefully they will settle in okay overnight and I'll ring Irene in the morning, make sure they're okay before we drive off to the Midlands.

Their hutch seems snug enough and the big sheet of thick plastic down the front seems to keep it nice and dry, so fingers crossed they'll be okay. It seemed odd not 'tucking them in' tonight though. Mind you, it was also nice not to have to venture outside in this weather :lol:

Hi,
I'm sure your buns are in good hands, I think you get a feel for these things when you visit and chat to them so I'm sure they'll be fine.
I know what you mean about venturing out to tuck the buns in, it's awful out there!
Give us a post stay review when you and your buns are back home.

Picked my girlies up this evening and they both appear to be in fine fettle, happy and acting normally. I think the hutch they were in was just the right size for a few days though would prefer them to be in the new shed for our next holiday as they will need to be boarded for about 10 days and will therefore need more space (they did have a spat; Irene found a decent enough lump of fur to be initially mistaken for a mouse in the hutch :shock: :lol:! This happens at home too so I wasn't bothered by it). However, I was more than happy with Irene, she is a lovely lady who seemed to know her stuff and I also liked the fact that she posted a picture on Facebook of my girls "deep in conversation" :lol: which was quite nice (although whilst abroad I doubt that my phone will be able to show me such pics; it didn't while only in the Midlands so I'm not expecting it to when in Tunisia!).

I will be booking Irene/Rag, Tag & Bobtail to have my girls when we go away in August.

:thumb:

Thanks for the update, I'll definitely consider them for my next holiday.
Oh my word though, a lump of fur large enough to be mistaken for a mouse! My goodness, that must have been quite a spat! Naughty bunnies!

Thanks for the update, I'll definitely consider them for my next holiday.
Oh my word though, a lump of fur large enough to be mistaken for a mouse! My goodness, that must have been quite a spat! Naughty bunnies!

Oh yes; it's not unusual to find lumps of fur in the hutch although that sounded a bit bigger than usual! And yet they were snuggled up together all lovely and cosy this morning :love: They are funny creatures indeed!

Back