• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal for rabbits eye? (picture)

He has beautiful clear brown eyes but when I was petting him I noticed that the white part of his eye toward his nose is brown. Not sure if this is something to be concerned about or if its just the way his eyes are. Everything else is normal. His eyes aren't cloudy or running. He eats and drinks normally, and his fur is smooth and clean. Ideas? (if this picture isn't clear enough i'll try to get a better one but I think it's clear enough to see what i'm talking about)

and that white dot on his eye is just a reflection of the light!

1528669_177266732484680_2084391248_n.jpg

I'm a new bunny owner I don't know what I mean. I'm just overly worried because my guinea pig had an eye problem and passed away from it. Sadly there wasn't anything the vet could do for her. :(

I don't see anything brown as such in that pic, I see the 3rd eyelid as a sort of crescent shape on the right side of the eye in the pic :)

Sometimes rabbits have them more visible if they aren't feeling well, but my Sorrell has his peeking out all the time and he is healthy.

If it's the fleshy part I can see it's nothing wrong with his eye, just a natural part

Back