• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking forward to your holidays ? Dont forget your pets !

Once Christmas and New Year is out of the way we all start looking forward to our holidays ! Hooray !!

You would be amazed at the number of calls we get , a day or two before the owner is due to go on holiday and the bunny sitter has let them down , or they have simply not thought about the rabbit ! (sad but true).

Make sure to prepare for your bunny's holidays , if a reliable friend or relative is looking after them , check they can handle your rabbit (some people are afraid), and have time set aside well before you go away to show them where all bunnys things are , how much food they have each day, how to clean them out and how often they will need to be visited.

Alternative arrangements can be made through a professional pet sitter or bunny boarding business. Make sure you visit to see where your pet will stay. Check the hutches are clean and spacious and there is space to exercise, let the boarder know of any health issues or special needs that your rabbit has, most good bunny boarding facilities will insist your rabbit is vaccinated. Ask if they are insured and ask which vet they use.

Book well in advance , most good boarding facilities will get booked up early in the year especially for the school holidays.

When your bun goes into boarding they will normally need to take their regular pellets and ask if they can take a litter tray or special toy to help them settle.

Then you can sit back and relax on your holiday not worrying about your rabbit enjoying their holiday ! :thumb:

I agree with all of the above

Even bunny savvy friends can let you down.

I wish we'd sent Poppy to a proper boarding place over christmas

Booked my boarding for this year's holiday when I collected the furbies at the end of the last holiday :lol:.

Friends come in twice a day and check my lot when I go away (rarely as I dont like leaving them).

My son looks after them for me sometimes too.

I always love getting home to them again and reassuring myself that all is well.

We always keep in touch with our customers while they are away and let them know they can call, text or email to check on buns progress and we post updates to Facebook.

I still worry about our bunnies (and cat) when we go away, even though we have a very reliable family member to look after them!

Booked my boarding for this year's holiday when I collected the furbies at the end of the last holiday :lol:.

We have STACKS of customers that do this...they invariably apologise for being so far in advance, but we love it that they're so organised, it helps us immensely with our planning.......ironically, the customers who leave it til the very last minute to book, and simply assume we can fit in their bunny/piggie/chinchilla, etc, rarely think to apologise for their lateness ;)

We have STACKS of customers that do this...they invariably apologise for being so far in advance, but we love it that they're so organised, it helps us immensely with our planning.......ironically, the customers who leave it til the very last minute to book, and simply assume we can fit in their bunny/piggie/chinchilla, etc, rarely think to apologise for their lateness ;)

When you find somewhere good, you'll do ANYTHING to make sure your furbies stay with them when you're away. I booked the bunny/piggy boarding first and then booked the holiday to match the dates!!!

Back