• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Watershipdown

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
I just bought this book and im going to start reading it tonight. Iv seen the film, but was very young and remember it being scary and sad. But im looking forward to reading the book. Has anyone read it?

Not yet - I remember the movie as a kid and recently got the DVD as OH hadn't seen it

Maybe RU book club if anyone else hasn't read it yet too?
Will amazon it now so I can read along too!

Not yet - I remember the movie as a kid and recently got the DVD as OH hadn't seen it

Maybe RU book club if anyone else hasn't read it yet too?
Will amazon it now so I can read along too!

Oh good we can read together, amazon are quick usually to deliver. I can feel myself well-up at the though of reading it.

What do you mean RU book club? Sorry im new, dont know my way around the forum yet.:)

Not sure if RU book club is an official thing (yet), but just thought if mokwa32 was reading it, more of us could read it too and share any thoughts as we go along?

Ah I see, thats a great idea. Well il post to this thread. If the mods start up a book club sub forum they can move this thread over. Sounds fun.

I've read it. It was one my favourite books as a child, I read it over and over again. Never seen a movie? I'm guessing the book will be better though, books usually are.

Edit: Blackavar was my favourite, that's why my black bunny is called Blackavar :lol:

I read the book for the first time a year or 2 ago. I watched the film when I was little and it upset me so much (I had a bunny at the time) which put me off and only watched it for the first time since then a couple years ago.

Book is amazing but made me cry lol

The book is beautiful, I have read it many times :love: sad at times but a lovely lovely book! :love:

I read watership down as a child and found it very moving. More recently I read it to my son.

Its amazing.

It's a lovely book, much better than the film. There's one bit (keeping it vague so I don't spoil it for you!) I can't even think about without crying though :cry:

Not sure if RU book club is an official thing (yet), but just thought if mokwa32 was reading it, more of us could read it too and share any thoughts as we go along?

That is a great idea. I would like to join in too please ... if I can pick up a copy in the library ;)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I read the first couple of chapters last night and they have just set of on their journey. Already I love the writing, injected with humour at times, beautifully descriptive. Its easy to become immersed in the feelings of the rabbits.
:love:Fiver:love:

Back