• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who would you bond with who?!

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Ok the situation is:

Harley (female) 1 and a bit years old, neutered used to live with Bruce
Alfie 1 and a bit years old, neutered used to live with Pickles
Dexter 5 months old, due to be neutered next month.

Bruce and pickles died last year so ive ended up with 3 single buns.
I've tried alfie and harley together but she hates him.

Now im unsure who to bond dexter with:

He lives inside at the moment so i will be waiting until hes neutered next month and his hormones have calmed down before bonding him with one of the others and the weathers warmer. the question is who?
Harley would be the obvious answer as shes a girl but alfie is such a relaxed guy hes got on with any bunny hes met.

ive never bonded male/male before though

It could just be harley hates alfie but she may love dexter.

who would you pick?

Obviously the single bun will be bonded with a 4th bunny after this one has been hopefully successful

Hard to say! My one and only bonding experience went ridiculously smoothly!

I'd say try Dexter with Harley first if she's been harder to bond. Then if it doesn't work try Alfie?

Do they all have strong personalities?

From my (very limited) experience, it can work best if one bunny is more shy and the other is confident. What are their personalities like?

No idea :lol: But Leo was tried with a female before Kerbie and they fell out, but him and Kerbie were and still are inseparable :love: I love m/m bonds :lol:

I really don't know much about it but i agree with kmazzy that sounds like Alfie will be the easier of the two to bond so I would try Harley first and if she didn't like him then go with Alfie.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

How about getting the fourth one and (when they are all ready) going for a quad?

Frosty and Snowflake (brothers) fell out badly but (with a few months apart, no sight, or smell of each other) they are now happily in a quad with two sisters.

Otherwise try Alfie and Dexter and find a husband for Harley.

Mind you it does depend on their characters ... hmmm.

Back