• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie's fight (warning myxi photos)

Poor bunny.

It's good that he is recovering but I wouldn't put a bunny through that pain and suffering personally.

Poor bunny.

It's good that he is recovering but I wouldn't put a bunny through that pain and suffering personally.

That's the debates that is on the page. I'm not sure how I feel about it, I personally wouldn't have put my buns through it but it has shown it can be beaten.

I have followed his story. He has fought this all the way. Never been admitted to the vets or stopped eating. I think its a case of he wanted to fight so his mummy fought with him.

Charlie has been under vet care while battling this virus and is a very lucky boy to survive, it's been a long n rocky road at times but he had the determination to survive and it's paid off.

Brave bunny...

Makes me wonder if I should have fought more for Buddy and Holly... Keep wondering if it was misdiagnosed too. I question it so much. :?: :cry:

Heroic bunny. I'd absolutely put mine through treatment if I thought there was a hope of survival and good life after it. He's a brave little guy.

I would also be in the "it's too much" camp but it has to be the decision of the owner with guidance from the vet. I would want some pretty hefty evaluation of pain and suffering.
Lucky boy though

What meds was he on? Glad he's better x

In the beginning he was on
1ml Baytril
0.5ml Metacam
1 drop Tiacil per eye
All Twice a day, once his eyes fully opened the vet told us to stop using Tiacil, then around mid November vet said to stop Metacam but his feet swelled within a week so he put him bk on it, he's still on the same dose of Metacam and Baytril today but he has a vet visit tomorrow and fingers crossed the vet will say he's happy enough for him to stop his meds

In the beginning he was on
1ml Baytril
0.5ml Metacam
1 drop Tiacil per eye
All Twice a day, once his eyes fully opened the vet told us to stop using Tiacil, then around mid November vet said to stop Metacam but his feet swelled within a week so he put him bk on it, he's still on the same dose of Metacam and Baytril today but he has a vet visit tomorrow and fingers crossed the vet will say he's happy enough for him to stop his meds

Good luck, Charlie is a very brave boy :love:

We rescued him at 14 wks old in early June, and we're pretty sure that he is unvaccinated, he contracted the virus on 29th Sept

This is just because I am not sure if I follow this correctly..

He was saved in June, not vaccinated and then contracted it end of September?
Why was he not vaccinated?

He looks much better in second picture!
I am really happy that I vaccinated my rabbit, the breeder told me he never vaccinated any of the buns...

This is just because I am not sure if I follow this correctly..

He was saved in June, not vaccinated and then contracted it end of September?
Why was he not vaccinated?

He looks much better in second picture!
I am really happy that I vaccinated my rabbit, the breeder told me he never vaccinated any of the buns...

Just saying, but rabbits can still get myxi even if they've been vaccinated. Sure it doesn't tend to be as bad, but it's still possible. So he could have got it even if they vaccinated him anyway. c:

Back