• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are runaround tubes chew proof?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
I'm thinking of turning my current set up around in the spring and using a tube connector (probably from welfare hutches rather than runaround), but am worried the rabbits (or something else) might chew their way through it?

Would I be better off with one of the mesh tunnels instead? The buns have 24/7 access to their run now, unless the weather is awful.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm pretty sure they're chew proof. One of mine tries to chew the door but all that's happened is a few teeth marks! Also, I accidentally dropped a brick on one of my tubes this morning from about 4ft (it was closed off to bunnies at the time don't worry!!). The brick literally bounced off the tunnel and didn't even leave a dent on it!

I can definately vouch for runaround being chew proof, the pipes, and doors. My Dandy and Beano are confirmed chewers and once chewed a cat litter tray and made it into a corner one :shock::lol:but they never managed to chew the door or the pipe :thumb:

They are pretty much chew proof yes :D

Stu did try to modify one end but with little effect so he has given up :roll:

Mine have 24/7 access in all weathers, Stu loves the snow cant wait for Casserole and Dumplin to see it it's their first year outside :D

Two thirds of the run is covered so they can choose to get wet or not :lol: usually wet :lol:

Um, no, Samantha and Truffles take great delight in chewing them and have chewed inches off the ends. they couldn't chew the middle though of course.
I had to remove the tube from the dining room because they were eating it.

Um, no, Samantha and Truffles take great delight in chewing them and have chewed inches off the ends. they couldn't chew the middle though of course.

:shock: omg :shock: maybe Dandy and Beano didn't chew theirs because they couldn't get to the ends with them being clamped into the doors.

Yes runaround is very easy to assemble :thumb:

I think if the tube is attached to an outdoor setup with a proper runaround door it is virtually impossible to chew because there's nowhere for them to really get a hold of it if you get my drift.

That's good, they wouldn't be able to get to the ends to chew, so as long as they can't chew the middle they sound good :)

Back