• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

after neutering

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
Hi guys.

Binx was neutered yesterday morning so he was home yesterday afternoon and he seems to be recovering very well :love: but he keeps asking to get out his pen for a wander roundethe livingroom. The vet said keep him restricted for 24 hours longer if he will jump the sofa. Do you think I could let him out now for a wee wander. Or not?? Iv had to come upstairs to get away from his please please staring :(

That is 24 hours then so he can come out as long as you don't let him jump up anywhere, just keep an eye on him.

I got Doughnut back in the evening and I let her out the following afternoon and a spay is a lot bigger op than neutering. As long as he's got his meds to keep him pain free and eating he should be fine. Just don't let him go too mad!

That is 24 hours then so he can come out as long as you don't let him jump up anywhere, just keep an eye on him.

I got Doughnut back in the evening and I let her out the following afternoon and a spay is a lot bigger op than neutering. As long as he's got his meds to keep him pain free and eating he should be fine. Just don't let him go too mad!

They didnt give me extra med, they said if he seems in pain to get in touch, but he seems relaxed enough. I just went back down and went in with him for a while I gave him a super great massage/brush and he started making all these lovely little noises id never heard before it was lovely. I did big long sweeping gently strokes, all slow movements and I brushed little tugs out of his fur and I gave his cheeks a rub in circular motions and gave his crown and neck very gentle massage. He was making like a cooing sound and put his head right down flat. Then he was like purring really quietly and it was like a very gentle teeth grind and his eyes were closing.

I know he will jump so I think il wait till tomorrow to be safe, plus I lifted my rug so he might find the floor slippy. I think the massage satisfied him a little bit. He is so gorgeous and gentle :love:

Thankyou for your advice.

Ah how sweet. Doughnut likes me kissing her nose, I give her little kisses up her nose to the top of her head and she chatters her teeth. It i so cute.

Pleased he isn't in any pain.

Awww hope he's feeling better soon
Dumblepaws has gone in today and am so worried about him - he's the first bunny of mine to go. Waffles and I have our paws very crossed for him

Back