• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coltsfoot taking his role as House Elf seriously . . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Due to his multiple issues Coltsfoot very very very rarely lays down to sleep or relax - he just sits in the 'hunch' position. However following his last dental, a slightly increased metacam dose, and the introduction of the aga and the hot water bottle regime to his life (to make up for his lack of fur and sogginess) it appears that now and again life CAN be pretty perfect for him . . .

We even saw him twitch whilst dreaming . . .

This is SUCH a big step forward after about 7 months of having him, and endless ups and downs and ops and meds we feel we are actually getting somewhere.

But the resemblance to Dobie the House Elf (Harry Pottery) is uncanny!!! he even managed to tuck the ear down!

2d273308-4c54-4c86-acfa-22aefca66f3c.jpg

PS my ever continuing battle with image sizes means that yet again I would be VERY grateful if someone could make the image larger for me!!! DONE!!

Last edited:
Awww bless him. What's his story?

A long one - comprising severe neglect, near death, appalling teeth, split tongue, bones affected by malnutrition, skin allergies due to zero immunity, self harming (due to pain), jaw abcesses, death of siblings, then rescue from those conditions at c6-8 months old, then time at Rabbit Residence which literally saved his life and kept him going another 6 months due to Caroline's dedication of syringe feeds, but as a rescue could not financially provide the extreme medical attention he needed; then adoption by us about 7 months ago - and the very long haul of complex, long and difficult ops on his tongue, teeth, skin, eye ducts etc etc

Its been a long haul - and there are still a lot of dentals up ahead of him - but despite his looks he is still quite a young rabbit and we are determined to give him every chance

He looks very relaxed and comfy. :love:

It makes me cry whenever I read his story. He has endured so much, but with his strong spirit and with such dedicated carers behind him he is coming through. Such an inspirational little lad. :love:

Not only does he look elfish, it looks like he's got a pizza waiting! Feta and spinach by the looks of it.

Thats what someone else said! Its actually a finished plate of totally mushed Redy Brek and Science Select mixed - (as far as he can finish anything - as he cant use his tongue to lick things clean so we have to pile it in small mounds for him to 'gum' in!))

The plate is patterned so that must be what is confusing you!

Thats what someone else said! Its actually a finished plate of totally mushed Redy Brek and Science Select mixed - (as far as he can finish anything - as he cant use his tongue to lick things clean so we have to pile it in small mounds for him to 'gum' in!))

Nah. It's pizza. ;) He is using his elfish powers to make you THINK it's Ready Brek, but really it's pizza. Looks like it might be from Pizza Express in fact.

Nah. It's pizza. ;) He is using his elfish powers to make you THINK it's Ready Brek, but really it's pizza. Looks like it might be from Pizza Express in fact.

He must have his own elfish powered mobile phone in that case - as we dont have a landline - and goodness knows where the nearest pizza express is!

a glorified rabbit pizza, for a special little fella :love:

A long one - comprising severe neglect, near death, appalling teeth, split tongue, bones affected by malnutrition, skin allergies due to zero immunity, self harming (due to pain), jaw abcesses, death of siblings, then rescue from those conditions at c6-8 months old, then time at Rabbit Residence which literally saved his life and kept him going another 6 months due to Caroline's dedication of syringe feeds, but as a rescue could not financially provide the extreme medical attention he needed; then adoption by us about 7 months ago - and the very long haul of complex, long and difficult ops on his tongue, teeth, skin, eye ducts etc etc

Its been a long haul - and there are still a lot of dentals up ahead of him - but despite his looks he is still quite a young rabbit and we are determined to give him every chance

That is horrific. :cry: :cry: Poor guy. All that before he was even a year old. I can see how much of a big deal it must be for you to see him actually looking comfortable and relaxed.

Well done to you and Rabbit Residence. :love: You are AMAZING. :love:

Sending him lots and lots of vibes that he gets through all the future ops and continues to improve.

That is horrific. :cry: :cry: Poor guy. All that before he was even a year old. I can see how much of a big deal it must be for you to see him actually looking comfortable and relaxed.

Well done to you and Rabbit Residence. :love: You are AMAZING. :love:

Sending him lots and lots of vibes that he gets through all the future ops and continues to improve.

We were the ones who actually took him and a sibling out of the place they were being kept (the RSPCA had already taken some by left them) - but had no room for him then so took him to caroline. He looked so bad none of us thought he would still be alive the next day.

Oh God he is soooooo cute.

I love that patterned blacket too.

He does look comforable (at last) bless him x

Oh God he is soooooo cute.

I love that patterned blacket too.

He does look comforable (at last) bless him x

The fleece with daisy flowers is one of Tracy's fleeces - its a special one - extra fleecy and soft - it is amazing!

Back