• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay 4 Pets? *update/pix*

Schez

Mama Doe
After reading loads and loads of lovely things about hay for pets and, how fantastic the hay is... I actually sat down and ordered my first batch of Ings hay...

Which is a big thing for me as I constantly worry about delivery. I ordered it hoping I had guessed right the approximate time it would be delivered... I figured Monday and Tuesday as the mil is here and could accept the delivery.

I have an email from the company who are delivering it, but it's baffled me :oops:

Monday 06/01/2014 04:32 Departed from Depot
Preston Service Centre (yodel)

Monday 06/01/2014 Parcel returned to delivery depot

Monday 06/01/2014 01:58 Parcel Picked Up

Monday 06/01/2014 Shipment Request Received

I'm guessing this means it will be delivered tomorrow...?
Has anyone had any problems with delivery?
What happens if I'm out when it's delivered? I added a note on my H4P order saying that my neighbour would accept delivery if we are out etc and my mobile number...

I'm guessing I'm being anxious over nothing... :oops:

Ps. I didn't know where to post this so apologies if it should have been posted elsewhere... :oops::oops:

Last edited:
Tbh I don't pay attention to the emails :lol: I get a 'your parcel has been dispatched', then I know it will probably be 2 days when it arrives :) So I imagine you will see it tomorrow as I hope to see mine tomorrow too :D

Yodel suck.

I now have a policy that I wing but anything from any company who uses Yodel for their deliveries.

Myhermes are headed the same way

Hiya :wave: I order from them every week so get a lot of these emails :lol: you should get another email in the morning saying your parcel is out for delivery. Although the company that sends the emails is just a tracking company and actually has nothing to do with the courier company Yodel. I hate Yodel. They are very inefficient. And not great at following instructions :roll: but try not to let it put you off Hay For Pets because they are just awesome :love:

Thank you for your replies, I'm really excited for my bunnies... :lol:

They have a big order of hay coming from H4P and an order from pet supermarket...

I know I should have done these orders over Xmas when I would be in, but I figured it would be a nightmare at Xmas time, plus I got some bargains in the sale... :D

It's just a pity I tend to freak out when ordering over the net... I place the order, pay and then worry until it arrives... :oops: not so much if I've ordered before (amazon etc)...

You should have seen me when I first tried placing a bid on eBay....

*faint*

:lol::lol:

Ps. Yes, I've been hearing lots from people about Yodel... It would indeed seem that they suck... I'm just trying to stay optimistic that my delivery will make it tomorrow...

Last edited:
I also don't like yodel :lol: I order 2 bags a time so I know I have plenty :lol:

I'm very impatient, I have a timothyhay order, hay for pets order and hay experts order coming and I can't wait:p I hope my hay experts parcel comes before Thursday because it contains fibafirst, coltsfoot and plantain to encourage Don and Lola to eat after their dental! None of the orders are for me but I get so excited:lol:

it depends where it has to go from preston. ours go from there to our local depot, then i know once it's there it will be that day usually, or the next occasionally. you're further away so it might be going somewhere else first. so i'd expect it tomorrow possibly but probably the day after :wave: i'm glad they send tracking now. :wave:

it depends where it has to go from preston. ours go from there to our local depot, then i know once it's there it will be that day usually, or the next occasionally. you're further away so it might be going somewhere else first. so i'd expect it tomorrow possibly but probably the day after :wave: i'm glad they send tracking now. :wave:

Uh oh... There's no one here Wednesday... But I've said about leaving it with a neighbour... Will Yodel do this if they've been instructed?

:shock:

Will they try and re deliver?

Oh, I'm such a worry head... :lol:

Uh oh... There's no one here Wednesday... But I've said about leaving it with a neighbour... Will Yodel do this if they've been instructed?

Will they try and re deliver?

Oh, I'm such a worry head... :lol:

depends on the driver i think. once they left ours with a neighbour and once they just left a card saying they would try again the next day. hopefully it will travel overnight to your local depot and be delivered tomorrow. :wave:

Honestly, I don't get why people hate Yodel. :lol: I think it depends on your area tbh, because all my H4P hay comes within about 3-4 days of ordering and they always leave the hay with my neighbour if I'm not in. I have never, ever had a problem with them. :shock: :?

Ings is brilliant, and is now the only hay my rabbits will eat. :roll:

Honestly, I don't get why people hate Yodel. :lol: I think it depends on your area tbh, because all my H4P hay comes within about 3-4 days of ordering and they always leave the hay with my neighbour if I'm not in. I have never, ever had a problem with them. :shock: :?

Ings is brilliant, and is now the only hay my rabbits will eat. :roll:

Ahhhhhhhh , some positive news. :thumb:

It's gonna drive me crazy tomorrow... :lol:

Have I started a slippery slope buying this hay for my buns then? :lol: I hope they like it, they munch though loads. :thumb:

Ahhhhhhhh , some positive news. :thumb:

It's gonna drive me crazy tomorrow... :lol:

Have I started a slippery slope buying this hay for my buns then? :lol: I hope they like it, they munch though loads. :thumb:

A 9kg bale lasts me around 3 weeks, with 3 buns. They refuse to eat anything else. :roll: I ran out of hay over Christmas and gave them cheap meadow hay...you should have seen the looks of disgust on their faces! :roll: :lol:

I don't like yodel because they've left some of my hay bags in massive puddles, but next to a crate or dry spot. They left a £350 camera outside a neighbours barn door in the rain even though they were asked to leave it with the workplace. It was only by chance someone noticed it, otherwise it would have been ruined.

Some people hate parcelforce but I've had no problems with them! It depends on your area.

My hay comes in 3-4 days now they've got this tracking thing, but I still don't like them :lol: it's not always yodel though.

I bought a bag 2 years ago as a treat. Haven't stopped :roll: it's 2 bags of 9.5kg meadow hay and a 10kg bag of timothy hay a month now, probably more, although less than it used to be! The baled hay is actually being eaten this time so I'm not spending as much.. :lol:

Last edited:
A 9kg bale lasts me around 3 weeks, with 3 buns. They refuse to eat anything else. :roll: I ran out of hay over Christmas and gave them cheap meadow hay...you should have seen the looks of disgust on their faces! :roll: :lol:

Over christmas?! that's even worse somehow...
Tsk tsk, nawty bunneh slave! :lol::lol:
;)

we had a delivery from yodel over xmas (not of hay :lol::lol: - we get that from our neighbour the hay farmer:lol:). Yodel just took the parcel back to the depot as they said they could not find the house - there are only 9 houses in our village - ok so numbering starts at no. 10, but we are no. 17 and we are between no 16 and no. 18 - fronting onto the road with a LARGE sign saying 'No. 17' -

I suspect they didnt even try and come . . .

I had to go to the depot in the end as they were saying they would send the parcel back . . .

Myhermes get here everytime!!!

I don't like yodel because they've left some of my hay bags in massive puddles, but next to a crate or dry spot. They left a £350 camera outside a neighbours barn door in the rain even though they were asked to leave it with the workplace. It was only by chance someone noticed it, otherwise it would have been ruined.

Some people hate parcelforce but I've had no problems with them! It depends on your area.

My hay comes in 3-4 days now they've got this tracking thing, but I still don't like them :lol: it's not always yodel though.

I bought a bag 2 years ago as a treat. Haven't stopped :roll: it's 2 bags of 9.5kg meadow hay and a 10kg bag of timothy hay a month now, probably more, although less than it used to be! The baled hay is actually being eaten this time so I'm not spending as much.. :lol:

So what you're telling me, is that I'm doomed to be a P4H customer forever?! :shock:

:lol::lol: slippery slope it is...

I just hope the next order doesn't get me so anxious... Yodel better deliver a quality service... :?:lol:

So what you're telling me, is that I'm doomed to be a P4H customer forever?! :shock:

:lol::lol: slippery slope it is...

I just hope the next order doesn't get me so anxious... Yodel better deliver a quality service... :?:lol:

Basically! :lol: I now order without thinking :lol:

Not a single problem with yodel here, I ask them to leave the hay in my porch and it's always delivered safely

Over christmas?! that's even worse somehow...
Tsk tsk, nawty bunneh slave! :lol::lol:
;)

I know. I foolishly bought a bag of timothy and rye and a bag of ings for over xmas. They hardly touched the timothy and rye...which meant that I only had a 9kg bag of ings to last me a month. I ordered a bag on boxing day, but unfortunately it didn't come until after New Year, so emergency hay it was. I never saw rabbits so excited over hay as when mine realised they were getting nice ings, instead of crappy meadow. :lol: The remainder of the meadow hay is now being used to line their litter trays. :lol:

Ifyou give your buns the H4P hay, you will always have to buy it! :lol:

Back