• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit of advice after losing a bonded rabbit

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted here so hello again to the oldies and nice to meet those I haven't yet.

Those of you who have seen my post in RB will know I lost my lovely Angel on Saturday :(. She is the first bun I have lost since having them as an adult. Up until Saturday I had 3 rabbits over the age of 5 so I do consider myself lucky.

Anyway... does anyone have any advice regarding Angel 's husbun Wiggy? There isn't anything obviously wrong but I do know that bunnies grieve so wondered what I can do to make things easier for him? He is only 18 months so a fair bit younger than my other bunnies

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Hi Sistermoonbeam, I don't have anything constructive to add but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear you lost your bunny. I hope Wiggy is still doing well. Binky free Angel xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hi :wave:

First of all I would just like to say how sorry I am for your loss. I lost my first bun, Wilbur, just before Christmas. He left behind his brother, Otis.

It didn't seem to have affected Otis. He ate and pooped as normal and was binkying around like a mad bun! I put a snugglesafe inside a cuddly hippopotamus hot water bottle cover and he used to snuggle up to it and groom it. I couldn't stand to see him on his own though so found him a wife very quickly and I have to say it's been the best thing I could have done for him. They seem closer than he and Wilbur were and it's lovely seeing him interact with a new little personality :love:

Sometimes a cuddly toy helps - although sometimes they just chew them so be cautious with that. The company of other rabbits even just to see/smell I think helps. Also spending time around you.

Once you are ready introducing another rabbit, if that's an option tends to help. If you've got others, you might have a candidate already, or a twosome that could be three otherwise looking around in rescues for a pre-neutered female is the quickest way to go about rebonding.

Back