• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Busters poorly

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Hes been tummy pressing and looking poorly plus not eating, just got back from vets she gave him 4 injections and some critical care :(

Any tips on giving this critical care I will be thankful for! Hes really sleepy at the moment the vet said he would be should I still make him have some?

hes just eaten 15ml of it! Do I stay up and give him some more in a few hours? The vet said no but I don't know what to do as peoples advice on here seem a lot better than the vets sometimes

when I've had to syringe feed I've left them 6hrs overnight most of the time (a couple of buns where I've stayed up and given an extra feed) and they have been ok. I usually give a syringe with some water in just to make sure they're getting enough liquid

Vibes for Buster xx

Thank you, think he had 2 lots of fluids injected should I still give him a bit of water? Don't know if I will be able to sleep knowing hes poorly. Im now thinking is he going to be warm enough now the heatings off?

Have you got a Snugglesafe you could give him? Hope he feels better soon. Sending lots of vibes for Buster xx

Oh im sorry Buster is poorly. :(

I've not got a lot of experience with poorly buns; so im not much help. :oops: but sending lots of love n get well vibes.xxx

No, sods law I bought one but they didn't like it so gave it to a man at work who has an outdoor bun and isn't very clued up about bunnies but he's getting there. He's on a pet bed and has a fleece over him. I've never seen him this still for so long. I'm sleeping next to the pen and I'm not cold, my feet would be cold if it wasn't warm. Thank you for the vibes captain helen

Oh im sorry Buster is poorly. :(

I've not got a lot of experience with poorly buns; so im not much help. :oops: but sending lots of love n get well vibes.xxx

Thank you! Alfie don't know what to do with himself he just kept looking at him and jumped on him twice. I've kept him on the other side of the pen with me so he don't disturb him plus I can see if buster poops then

He has some interest in his pellets this morning and has pooped! Got to take him back to the vets at 10 for a check up, he seems a bit funny still he was just sat and he seeded to be kind of rocking to his breathing could be just the painkillers a suppose :D

He has some interest in his pellets this morning and has pooped! Got to take him back to the vets at 10 for a check up, he seems a bit funny still he was just sat and he seeded to be kind of rocking to his breathing could be just the painkillers a suppose :D

:love::love: thatta boy... :D

Some positive signs at least. :thumb: I think (from reading about other bunnies and when Reggie stopped eating) it takes bunnies a little while to get back to their normal selves, but he's got some food in him. Any hay nibbles? Maybe tempt with herbs or dandelion leaves? That got Harry more interested in nomming again. ;)

Keep going Buster!

Good luck at the vets. :wave:

Thank you Schez, hes just had some carrot and some of the green top. No hay nibbles yet though but he def seems more lively! Having the day off work hopefully they will let me have it as holiday but then they might be a bit funny as "its only a rabbit" :(

Sorry Buster has been unwell. Hope he continues to recover. Good luck for his vet appointment today.

Thank you, we are back from the vets, she said his tummy still feels a bit doughy but its not as tender as it was last night. She told me to carry on with his critical care and gave me some zantac syrup to give him twice a day for 3 days and to ring her in a few days to check in unless he goes downhill again :wave:

Back