• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pledge a Pound January 2014

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Happy New Year to everyone and Welcome to Pledge a Pound 2014

This year we will be celebrating our 4th anniversary , who thought such a simple idea would be so successful and help so many rescues, sanctuaries and of course more importantly the animals that are in their care :)

If you would like to be part of Pledge a Pound then all you have to do is donate £1 a month via Paypal to pledgeapound@hotmail.co.uk or via bank transfer or cheque, all the money received is divided into £75 shares at the end of the month, if we receive £180 then 2 rescues will receive a donation and the remaining £30 will be carried over to the next month.

All the rescues receive one donation of £75 from the monthly draw, once they have received this they are not eligible until all the rescues have received a donation, then we start again, we also have 2 special fundraisers, one at the end of June and our Christmas one, this is where each of the rescues and sanctuaries we support receive a donation :)

Our list of rescues and sanctuaries for 2014 will be confirmed before the end of January :)

Donations received for this month from :

Amy Assinder
Antigone
Apache
BBMommy
Becca6
BobbleG
Buddiesbunnies
Bunlover
Bunnybabe
Bunnybunny
Bunnymadlisa
Camp Nibble
Cherylwares
Christopher Mulford
DavidT
DonnaT
Eastbourne Rescue
Fiona Franklin
Foofy
Hele
Helen Warburton
Herbie and Hollie
Honey61
iiisecondcreep
JPP
Kermit
Lara Farah
Laura Canfield
Liz1966
Loog
Louise Walker
Lspacehopper
Minilop1
Molly Joker
Mrs Bunnykins
Mrs Scott
NikkiM
Orange
Pol287
P Topham
K L Owens
Red
RNGP
Roly Poly
Rosie and Theo
Sarah Jane Cochrane
SDF76
Southampton Rescue
Susieb1
Susiebun
Suzanne
Thelma Turner
The Sunshine Bunnies
Tillybunny
Willowholly
Yaretzi

The total so far for January is

£62.40

and it's only the 5th

Last edited:
Dodger is Binkying with joy, We told him we have enough money for 2 rescues to receive a donation this month and we are very close to making it 3 :) This would be a great start to the year :)

Our total so far for January is

£207.40

Thank you to everyone that has supported Pledge a Pound this month

Still 5 days left this month and we've already raised enough for 3 rescues to receive £75 each :)

The total to date is ............

£253.23

Thank you to everyone that's pledged their £1 this month

Still 5 days left this month and we've already raised enough for 3 rescues to receive £75 each :)

The total to date is ............

£253.23

Thank you to everyone that's pledged their £1 this month

Hurray!!!!!!!! * does a little dance*:thumb:

Our first total of 2014 is....................

£282.77

Three rescues will receive £75 each and the remaining £57.77 will be carried over to February :)

Each year we re-invite our rescues to be part of Pledge a Pound, and unfortunately we were a little late in sending out the emails, so to give the rescues a little more time to reply and to ensure that they still want to be part of Pledge a Pound 2014, Dodger has delayed his appearance until Sunday 2nd February, when he will choose our first 3 rescues of the year :)

Thank you to everyone that supported us this month and gave us such a fantastic start to the year

Congratulations to our first 3 rescues of 2014 :)

They are .................

Acomb Rabbit Rescue

Buddies Bunnies

Camp Nibble

Thank you to Dodger and Dolly for choosing them :)

:thumb::thumb::D:D

I will be sending another parcel to you Kermit in the next week or so. More lovely goodies have donated.....and I have been sorting out some of my....handbags too. Still got a few to give to PaP but some I am really, really attached too. Perhaps I will just keep a couple.....as a reminder of when I bought them and of course why.

Yey! :D:D:D

That's an amazing total. Thank you to Dodger and Dolly, and everyone who supports Pledge a Pound, it makes a huge difference :wave: xx

I think you should be able to Kara. It may say on the pap site how to do it? Or I'm not sure if you can just set it up in paypal as a recurring payment. :wave:

Does anyone know if you can set up a monthly payment via paypal? :wave::D

I would imagine so, but I haven't got a clue about paypal.:oops::oops: I pay mine by monthly standing order. No doubt someone more knowledgeable about paypal will be along very soon.

Bless your heart for wanting to help PaP. Thank you.:thumb:

I think you should be able to Kara. It may say on the pap site how to do it? Or I'm not sure if you can just set it up in paypal as a recurring payment. :wave:

Thank you :wave:

I will look properly when I'm not supposed to be working :oops::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would imagine so, but I haven't got a clue about paypal.:oops::oops: I pay mine by monthly standing order. No doubt someone more knowledgeable about paypal will be along very soon.

Bless your heart for wanting to help PaP. Thank you.:thumb:

If I can't figure PP out I will long in to my internet banking, it's a right pain at work as to set a new payment up they do an auto phonecall to give you a code which you have to then type in to your banking page & with only 1 bar of signal the air around ne is sometimes red with swear words :lol:

I have Paypaled for now & must remember to set it up monthly :thumb:

I feel awful because I've been on RU for ages and always forget to donate my £1.
How do I start sending? I'd like to add my donation for February.

Oh and Kermit do baby clothes ever sell well enough to make some pennies to go towards the PaP total?
I had a friend who was pregnant but she had a girl and ended up with tons of boys stuff and she gave it to me (I'm not pregnant and have no children!)
I'm moving house soon so would like to get as much shifted as possible. I have a whole suitcase full!

:thumb::thumb::D:D

I will be sending another parcel to you Kermit in the next week or so. More lovely goodies have donated.....and I have been sorting out some of my....handbags too. Still got a few to give to PaP but some I am really, really attached too. Perhaps I will just keep a couple.....as a reminder of when I bought them and of course why.

Thanks Di :) Love your parcels :)

Yey! :D:D:D

That's an amazing total. Thank you to Dodger and Dolly, and everyone who supports Pledge a Pound, it makes a huge difference :wave: xx

It is all the supporters that really make the difference!

If I can't figure PP out I will long in to my internet banking, it's a right pain at work as to set a new payment up they do an auto phonecall to give you a code which you have to then type in to your banking page & with only 1 bar of signal the air around ne is sometimes red with swear words :lol:

I have Paypaled for now & must remember to set it up monthly :thumb:

Thanks Kara, I really have no idea how to set up a recurring payment on paypal, but we do have a Pledge a Pound bank account if that would be easier for you to pay into direct from the bank? I can paypal you the details if you would like.

I feel awful because I've been on RU for ages and always forget to donate my £1.
How do I start sending? I'd like to add my donation for February.

Oh and Kermit do baby clothes ever sell well enough to make some pennies to go towards the PaP total?
I had a friend who was pregnant but she had a girl and ended up with tons of boys stuff and she gave it to me (I'm not pregnant and have no children!)
I'm moving house soon so would like to get as much shifted as possible. I have a whole suitcase full!

xClairex, you can pay by paypal, bank transfer/ direct debit or cheque, whatever would suit you better, let me know and I can pm you the details.

Re the baby clothes, we have never had any donated to sell before so I dunno, but would be worth trying :) Would mean that you would have to take pics of the items tho and describe everything, so it might be a lot of work for you if you have so much, but we are more than happy to have donations of anything!

Yes please, could you pm me the details as I'd like to start donating every month. Will put a reminder on my calendar.

I'll sort some of the baby clothes out, maybe selling them as a bundle of 5-6 items (all for the same age) would be better than trying to sell each single item?
Not sure but I will get pics asap and pm you when I've done that.

Back