• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

females humping

cocoandphoenix

Young Bun
Both my female bunnies are usually fine, but recently coco has tried to hump phoenix a lot. I know its a dominance thing but we're unsure what to do until they are spayed as they always play together, and they're never happy unless they are out running about together. They sleep seperately at the moment but we're unsure what to do when they're out playing. Phoenix is the dominant one between the two, but its coco who is constantly trying to get on it haha!

helppp

Is there a reason why they are separate? When you separate them then let them back together they are basically bonding again. Or at least that is what it sounds like to me.

If it were me, I would either keep them separate now all the time or together (if they aren't fighting) until spaying because separating them then putting them back together might eventually turn nasty and they could do some damage. It might be nice letting them play together but when rabbits hormones start coming through they can fight badly, so it would be safer to keep them separate but next to each other until spaying.

Is there a reason why they are separate? When you separate them then let them back together they are basically bonding again. Or at least that is what it sounds like to me.

If it were me, I would either keep them separate now all the time or together (if they aren't fighting) until spaying because separating them then putting them back together might eventually turn nasty and they could do some damage. It might be nice letting them play together but when rabbits hormones start coming through they can fight badly, so it would be safer to keep them separate but next to each other until spaying.

We seperated them because phoenix has a habit of bounding about too close to coco, and last time that happened coco got caught in the crossfire and her ear was clipped, and she was pretty unwell so we seperated them until coco was a bit better (which is clearly now cause shes well enough to hump phoenix) ... Yeah thats what we thought. Its just heartbreaking having them seperated. Thanks for the advice :)

Back