• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm thinking of bonding Timmy with Peggy and Tonic, any advice??

moi

Mama Doe
I know there is a section about trios but I was wondering if people could give me there own experiences x

I have always been lucky with trios, usually with introducing another male to a male/female pair, but it does depend on the buns. Be prepared for lots of sleepless nights though.

I have always been lucky with trios, usually with introducing another male to a male/female pair, but it does depend on the buns. Be prepared for lots of sleepless nights though.

How did you go about it? x

Completely neutral area with loads of hay.

I sit in my porch with them to start with until I feel safe to leave them on their own - get funny looks from the postman :lol: I talk to them and noserub all of them in turn. I prefer never to separate them and have never had any major problems. You do have to be prepared for some scrapping though and that can be a bit frightening. You have to decide when to intervene and when to leave them to get on with it (experience I gained from having 3 human boys :shock:). If it gets too rough, I just move them apart and distract them with food or toys. I still sit behind the barrier for a long time afterwards though and have been known to sleep in the hall.

If things go well, I start to increase the area with a puppy pen very slowly. Once they seem okay, I wash everything and smother it in vinegar before introducing them back into the set up.

Good luck if you decide to go for it :thumb:

Back