• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does having house bunnies affect

Schez

Mama Doe
Moving home?

What about house viewings etc?

Just a q that's popped into my brain as we were talking about the idea of moving, but then hubby pointed out that we have house bunnies etc. :shock: the thought that house bunnies may effect a house Viewing never occurred to me. Surely it's just the same with cats and dogs in the home?
Because our home is small, we are a bit compact over here. :lol:

I dont know if it would affect the actual viewing or move but I do know we would have to re do skirting boards, door frames and carpets if we ever wanted to move!! :) :)

For me it just means I can only look at places where pets are allowed or considered, if it doesn't mention it at all then I email them to ask.
Then If I view a place I have to think how am I gonna protect certain things from the rabbit.
I have seen ideal flats on pictures but no pets allowed :(
I guess this would not be a problem when buying a house though.
Even now my landlord (I live with him) came to me and was like, eh I heard rabbit chew carpet...
I pointed out I am gonna do everything to protect the carpet of course.

i was just thinking the same thing. as i will probably have to sell my house this year, i will need to find an alternative for the rabbits. either convert the garage or buy a shed.

It is generally considered that to get the best chance of selling a house, rooms should be used for their intended purpose, as many people don't seem to be very good at looking at the potential of how they might use it. Also, if people do offer, they are likely to offer less as, for example, they might think that they would have to buy a new carpet for a bunny room, it might need new skirting, wallpaper etc. so in that respect I think it's different to cat/dog because bunnies tend to have their own space within the house whereas cats and dogs just take it over :lol:

I guess it depends to what extent the bunnies take over the house :lol: If possible, I would suggest moving the bunnies temporarily for the agency's photos, so that the house looks like a normally lived in house, and then moving them back again afterwards. Again depending on where they live, I would be inclined to either block book viewings so that you can move the bunnies, or at the very least put them in a pen/crate for the viewings and dress the rest of the room as a 'normal' room.

It's always going to be a tricky balance and it will depend a lot on your own circumstances as to what is likely to be possible and practical.

We sold our house at end of September with house bun in residence during viewings. He has/had the run of the house and the only things on display and mostly out of sight behind sofa was his litter tray and feeding bowls.
I did tell the estate agent to tell any viewers that we had a house rabbit who could not be moved so if anyone had a bunny phobia:roll: they would not view.
Admittedly we sold our house in 5 days to second viewers but both viewers loved the friendly bunny who came to greet them.
Our bun is very good most of the time and our house was/is bunnyproofed with all wires in conduit so there was no damage to the house at all ( have the odd dining chair with nibbles underneath).
I know some people have bunny rooms that are full of bunny stuff and their bunnies are not litter tray trained and I would imagine this would put people off but if your housebun is housetrained and you hide their stuff and your house itself does not have lots of damage then it will not put people off,

Back