• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licking feet or floor when flopped?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Every time Pippin flops she licks her front feet or the floor. It's absolutely adorable but I'm just wondering if anyone else's buns do this and why do they do it?

Harvey does this all the time, Lilly does it quite a bit. I think it's a sign of a contented bunny! Or they're trying to groom their front paws and just keep missing and occassionally washing the carpet instead :lol:

Yes Lola does this, she licks the floor when she's flopped, I think it's because she's used to flopping on my feet and licking my slippers and it's just kind of a habit.

I find she does it a lot when we're cooking anything and the kitchen gets warm, she'll flop and lick the floor because it's cold I assume.

Some times they just like licking things :lol:

Olly licks his paws in the evening, when the heating is on, and he's got a full tummy and he's flopped :love: I always think he looks most content when he's doing that :love:

Max licks his paw when he flops sometimes aswell :love:

If he flops in his tunnel he also sometimes licks the side of the tunnel which is amazing because you can just see his little tongue through the tunnel :lol::love:

Yep my buns do this too , especially Rosie ... it's adorably cute !!!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

My Jessica does this all the time, she also licks me. :love: We can almost get her to flop on Que but just tickling her sides. So cute.

Lola does as she is flopped and falling asleep, then she jolts herself awake and starts licking again before drifting off and repeats this over and over. A bit like when babies try and stop falling asleep in a highchiar!

Poppy does that, but Lola does it best! As soon as she flops those feetsies get one hell of a licking :lol: :love:

Angel has started flopping and licking her front feet now she's got a new husbun, it really is adorable :love:
She'll only do it when she's near Henry though, never when she's on her own.

Charlie does it. Milly didn't used to but she's picked it up off him doing it constantly I think.

But, my two lick walls so you can't really use them to judge what's normal :roll:

Rocket pretty much spends all day licking something. He loves licking the floor when he's flopped!! He's also taken to licking our bedsheets - gross but cute..

Back