• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new rabbit

Dawson

Warren Scout
So I finally picked up my rabbit today (saturday I mean) She is GORGEOUS :love:
I will make photos tomorrow, gonna fall asleep anytime soon..
She was a very curious "little" rabbit her mother was beautiful and big <3 I have seen brothers/sisters. All so very pretty!
I'm in love. :love:

She hated the first part of traveling (understandable) and just sat there in the carrier with the ears flat.
I was quite worried.. I got changeover food and I brought timothy hay with me, (I have left a trail of hay on the trains :lol:) I put some hay in the carrier as well to make it comfortable for her. I brought a blanket to darken it all (this did seem to make her feel more comfortable..)
So the first part of the trip she didn't eat nor drink (I was so scared!)
Then after a while she finally "changed" her mind and I saw her eating hay and food :love: but she did not drink!!!
Now I came home around 00:30, put her carrier in the puppy pen (door open) have all the toys and hayracks filled with hay and dog bowl with water etc and aside from poking her head out she seems to have decided that the carrier is a safe haven or so.. And does not come out! I leave her alone and just watch :oops: so after a while I put the dog bowl with water in front of the carrier as well as the food, and now she just pokes her head out eat and drinks (the sound is so cute) but she doesn't come out of the carrier. But the carrier is so small!!!! It can't be very comfortable. I have already observed her trying to dig in the hay as well. I have a litterbox full of hay, toys, hayracks :p etc and she likes the carrier better :shock:

We're gonna go to the vet on monday for vaccinations...

Your new bunny will need some time to get used to the new home. An important thing to remember is not only is it looking new but smelling new too. Rabbits rely a lot on their sense of smell so the carrier is the only thing that smells familiar at the moment and will need time to assess everything to make sure its safe. This includes you too, so I would try to leave her to settle for a bit so that the bun feels safe in her new home. Its also a good idea to put something near that smells of your body so when you go to your bun your smell isn't a new smell entering her home. Cant wait for the pics :wave:

Congrats on the new addition to your family :)

I remember when I first got my bridge bunny Henry he didn't move from the one spot for hours and I wad so worried. He didn't eat or drink for the first night ( to my knowledge ). We took a quick trip to the shops in the morning and when we came back he was bouncing around his pen and binkying. It just took him a while to get some confidence. Being a nethie I don't think I ever saw him sit still for any period of time again. Lol!!!

All bunnies are different, I find babies are usually quick to adjust, in my experience anyway. Goodluck and I'm dying to see pics :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Yay I have some pictures.
She has refused to go into the litter tray :/
And she's pooing on a really great (not) location :lol:

here's a couple of links to pictures
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1509886_10201915697547673_1631263465_n.jpg
(Yes her food is outside the cage cause I was filling it)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1506996_10201915692187539_935293354_n.jpg
She doesn't drink from the water bottle, so I used the dog bowl for water

And right now she's cleaning herself :love:
She eats hay from the floot but not from the hayracks :shock:
She started chewing on the bridge <3
She also had a go at my rugs :oops:
I'm so in love!

She drinks water, she eats hay (off the ground though), she eats the food that I got from the breeder (and I just mixed a tiny bit of SSJ through it) and she eats that as well. She hops around. Tried to dig in the rugs :lol: Chews on the wooden toy balls and the bridge and the pushes the cardbox around with her nose.
She sniffed at me a couple of times and she has also eaten from my hand.
I think (if I dare say) its going quite good so far.
I just need to find out where she wees :/

here she likes to chew on the bridge

1503872_10201916070877006_887826488_n.jpg

It sounds to me like she has made herself right at home ;) she is stunning by the way !!!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you :D

Now that I moved the litter tray to the place she pood, the has pood everywhere else.
I know its not gonna be that fast to litter train them lol but how do I keep her from peeing on the rugs:shock:
I don't really have a way to clean the rug (under the rug is only cardbox and under that is the carpet :/
I would really like to see her in the litter box because I have put loads of hay in there so she can dig as well

She may well improve toileting wise once she is spayed.

Such a beautiful looking rabbit. Is she a particular breed?

Thank you all!
I smell the wee, and have been smelling all over to locate the source :oops:
I think she does it in the carrier! But she doesn't really want to come out at the moment so I can't clean it.

Tulsi, She's a continental giant :D

Thank you all!
I smell the wee, and have been smelling all over to locate the source :oops:
I think she does it in the carrier! But she doesn't really want to come out at the moment so I can't clean it.

Tulsi, She's a continental giant :D

Ahh. Love her ears x

I have just remembered you posting about a suitable base for her (before you got her).

She has eaten all her food, I hear young buns can have unlimited? Should I refill?
I had most of it her old food and a tiny bit SSJ and she has eaten it all.
She has been hopping around a lot:D
Apparantly she didn't wee in the carrier and I can not find where she did/if she did it at all o.o

She is absolutely stunning :love:

Love her ears.
Did you put some of her poo and pee into the litter tray? Or you could use the base of the carrier (remove the top) for a day or two as her toilet so she gets use to the concept of using an open litter tray rather.
Just an idea.

No her carrier can only be opened in the front...
I put all the poo in the toilet.
Actually this morning I woke up and saw her sitting in it:love:
So I have now moved all hayracks/food to the toilet cause she poos while eating.
So I hope she will learn to use that but I shouldn't be impatient:lol:

I am really worried about what she has been doing all day... (I'm at work) I hope she hasn't destroyed the place, and nothing is wrong with her *worry worry*

Back