• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hamster cages :)

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Had a big change around and moved Apollo into the bunny room so Phoebe could move into the Alexander! I have one very happy dwarf hammy:love:

Phoebe checking out her new ramp-

On/in tv!

Apollo's (syrian) zoozone2 :D

And Apollo!

I always love seeing your hamster setups :) I wouldn't mind being a hamster in your home ... they are super spoilt !!!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

A very happy hamster! :D

Sid is currently in the bunny room too, just because we all got back today and I haven't the energy to move the Alexander cage up our steep stairs to his usual room :lol:

Sid is FASCINATED by the bunnies! They are cautiously interested in him :lol: they got a bit jumpy whenever he moved, then got over excited about his presence, Sid is just running across his cage to wherever the nearest bunny is to peer through the bars :p

Thank you:love:

Yeah Phoebe has been hilarious, running all over the place and trying out both wheels. She could only have the FS in the kios but now she has her SS back and she's loving it. Very funny because she not very good on upright wheels, she kind of spins all the way round :lol:

Phoebe is approx. 18 months old now, she is out of her bed most of the day and night and she's full of energy even though she's still a chubby little thing. But then Apollo, who is about 8 months old is an 'old man'. Rarely comes out in the day or night like Phoebe unless it's for food or water and he doesn't spend a lot of time on his wheel compared to my little 'old' lady! :lol:

Last edited:
I love seeing your hamster cages too. The bunny room looks wonderful.

Harvest has now moved out of her chicken coop in to a five foot double rabbit hutch. Soooooo much easier to get to/clean out/swap toys round, etc.

Thank you:love:

Yeah Phoebe has been hilarious, running all over the place and trying out both wheels. She could only have the FS in the kios but now she has her SS back and she's loving it. Very funny because she not very good on upright wheels, she kind of spins all the way round :lol:

Phoebe is approx. 18 months old now, she is out of her bed most of the day and night and she's full of energy even though she's still a chubby little thing. But then Apollo, who is about 8 months old is an 'old man'. Rarely comes out in the day or night like Phoebe unless it's for food or water and he doesn't spend a lot of time on his wheel compared to my little 'old' lady! :lol:

Sid may look more like Apollo but he's full of energy like Phoebe :p I wish I knew how old he was, I got him on 1st August and he's grown a bit since so I reckon he wasn't a fully grown adult, but he was a lot bigger than the 8 week old hamsters in pet shops! His coat has grown SO MUCH! He had a fuzzy fluffily coat, not really long, but definitely not short, now however he is a fully fledged long haired hamster :shock: with some areas much longer than ever so he always has a bad hair day :lol:

Hamsters are such a lovely pet to have! It's weird, people expect the rabbits to be cuddly and soppy (which tbh, my two are) and are shocked when I say they don't like being picked up too much and that, as prey animals, many rabbits can be afraid of people and not want to be stroked. But they also expect hamsters to be snappy and bitey and a pet to watch not handle, but then they hold Sid and he's the gentlest boy ever and again they're shocked! It's weird what people's perceptions are!

Back