• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit and Cats

Cyberdog

Warren Scout
Hi,
Hope you all had a very happy Xmas and new year.

I have two rabbits which are now 6 years old. Because they have to be housed separately, one has the run of the garden in the morning, and the other in the afternoon. This afternoon i saw a cat following, not chasing the rabbit, so i went out into the garden. Just as the rabbit came belting from around the shed for the second time, ran over my foot and straight into her hutch and up into the far corner of her bed, under all the hey.

I have seen this cat before but have never seen the rabbit running like she did. Usually they sit at a distance looking at each other. Could a cat get hold of a rabbit or would it come off worse.:?:?

Thanks.
Dave

PS. Just signed the petition.:wave:

Last edited:
I think some cats could definitely do a rabbit harm :( my friends cat used to catch wildies when I was a child, so horrible. He was a great big Tom though. Some cats have very strong hunting instinct.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yes definitely, a lot of people don't let their buns free range unsupervised because of the risk from cats, birds of prey or the dreaded fox.

A cat could definitely hurt a rabbit. I have 2 rabbit friendly cats but I still would not let them be alone unsupervised, they only get to interact when we are at home (and it is super cute haha!), because a cat's 'play' could hurt a bunny

Back