• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why??

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Did I go into the pet shop :( I always do when im getting my hay as its next door to see the buns. They had in the unwanted section a bun just like Alfie with floppier ears! His name is Arther aswell their names even go together! Wanted to bring him home OH said no :(

you can't home everybun, and nor can i! i feel for you. but that's how people end up with forty rabbits and i just can't afford it.

Its not often I get the urge to take one home, I go in there everytime I get hay from the Range and the urge to take one home has happened twice since owning a bun :D He looked such a happy thing binkying about and nomming his hay and food. :(

Awwwww... :( I get what you mean. X

I hope Jack's-Jane doesn't mind me reposting this, but it was really helpful to me. It meant I had to leave a bunny, but I know in my heart it was for right reasons.

Try this self questioning :

Will taking on another Rabbit detract on the standard of care my current Rabbits have ? Will it mean less space for them ? Less treats for them ? Less time I can spend with them ? .................

Will another Rabbit and all the costs involved, especially Vet care, mean I am taking a financial risk ? ....................

What if new Rabbit does not bond with any Rabbit(s) I already have. Will that mean I need to take on yet another Rabbit as a companion to the first one ? What if attempts at bonding a new Rabbit with my current Rabbits causes original bonds to break down meaning I am left with three or more single Rabbits ?................

Over recent weeks I have become very aware of the fact that in the past I took on far too many Rabbits. It is all too easy to get swept along with the tide and it can get out of hand.

Only you know for sure if you could take on the bunny.
Sending (((hugs))).

Yes those are good points, and I do think of those thing when contemplating having another! But I would say I could cope having another im just kind of saving myself for a really special bun I think, im sure he will be snapped up by someone as hes very sweet :wave:

I really like that post of JJs. Excellent advice. I have decided to get two more, but not without very careful consideration (including reading that very post a number of times and cancelling them before re-applying for them :oops:).

It will mean that Mottle and Peaches will have less space until I upgrade them. (Springtime).

There seem to be limitless gorgeous rabbits out there.

Last edited:
Back