• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybunniez Rabbit Rescue and Rehome Network on Facebook.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper

Hi I hope admin don't mind me posting this.

Anybunniez Rabbit and Rescue Rehome on Facebook is a rabbit rescue group who have been set up and is a network of dedicated people all around the country who are working together to help rabbits kept in bad conditions, small hutches, left in the bottom of the garden with just hay and food being given to them-that sort of thing.

Anybunniez Rabbit and Rescue Rehome do not rescue from rescues as they see them as 'safe'.

Anybunniez Rabbit and Rescue Rehome need more members so we can cover even more area's and we are looking for members that..

1) Can help with a rescue.

2) Foster for either long or short term.

3) Help to transport animals ( even if it is just a few miles ).

If you think that you can help even just a small amount please join our group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1449835078577131

Thank You.

Last edited:
Please consider getting involved. The group is small right now and sadly there are some bunnies we just haven't got the resources or people to get too :cry:.

Yes please join and help, Mike is in Cambridge today he has got 3 rabbits out of horrendous conditions the more people that can join the better :(

Good to see more help happening but excuse a few questions just so people know what they are supporting :)
so is this your rescue?
Will the rabbits be neutered and vacs and homechecks carried out for homing?
Will they only be homed to live with another rasbbit/s?
and are you buying any of these animals?
Where are these rescued animals being kept at moment? ( only asking as know you were at your limit :D )
Does it say how you can help on the FB page?

are you linked with any other org such as Action for Rabbits, The Bunny Bank, Pledge a Pound or any other support or rescue group?

Good luck..will now go and have a look!

Have requested to join, though not sure much help i'll be as I still have honey, baloo, ivy & kits to rehome! But whatever I can do I will.

Good to see more help happening but excuse a few questions just so people know what they are supporting :)
so is this your rescue?
Will the rabbits be neutered and vacs and homechecks carried out for homing?
Will they only be homed to live with another rasbbit/s?
and are you buying any of these animals?
Where are these rescued animals being kept at moment? ( only asking as know you were at your limit :D )
Does it say how you can help on the FB page?

are you linked with any other org such as Action for Rabbits, The Bunny Bank, Pledge a Pound or any other support or rescue group?

Good luck..will now go and have a look!

No it's not my rescue I am a member as we volunteered for transport and I was asked if I would give it a shout out on the forums.

Oh dear, one of the free/for sale rabbit groups linked to is going to really play on my mind. The woman who wouldn't take her bunny to vet (hadn't eaten for 24hrs) because she used to work in one and not much vets can do for rabbits :evil: AAAAAAAAARRRRRGH. I wish FB had a slap function

I've had a quick look and it looks like lots of free ad buns. At first glance I can't see why these need rescuing over any others so need to have a read through all the comments

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure I could help due to resources, e.g. I wouldn't have the funds to set up something for fostering... I'll try and spread the word though... Maybe I could drop something into the vets on my next visit... There doesn't seem to be a lot in the way of rescue down in Somerset. :?

I have requested to join, sadly at the moment I am about as much help as a chocolate tea pot but hopefully we will be able to resume normal service at which point I could hopefully offer some assistance xx

As I said before I am not on FB. So is it a Rescue who is co-ordinating all of this ? Is it a collection of contact details for people all over the UK who are willing to help with transport/fostering ?

As I said before I am not on FB. So is it a Rescue who is co-ordinating all of this ? Is it a collection of contact details for people all over the UK who are willing to help with transport/fostering ?

I am on Facebook (though simply an account I've never used) and I can't manage to see anything other than a members list! There must be something to click on somewhere? but it's baffling me:? I've had several attempts to find out info :oops: There's obviously more to see as Hugo's There has presumably seen a page I haven't found yet.

I'm keen to understand the above and some of the issues Honeybunny raised. If I was to offer to foster, which is a possibility, I'd want to know about the responsibilities/rehoming etc etc.

I think it's just a group of people working together to try and save and rehome rabbits from places where they are living in hell.

Tbh at the moment it looks like a list of people posting gumtree ads and other individuals taking them in. I can't see any rescue involvement. I don't recognise any of the people posting except tuckerbunnies.

It does seem very new so maybe it will become more organised in time?

if people are unsure of this new set up then you can always offer to foster for your local rescue...or go to the Action for Rabbits FB page as that is an organisation with a lot of familiar faces, which is very active and well organised.

The problems I see ahead for this new project is anyone who wants to help , taking in rabbits off free ads and then ending up in a complete mess. What if the rabbit is pregnant, has dental issues? is quarantine being adhered to ? If rabbit gives birth then the new fosterer decides they cannot cope , who steps in to take mum and babies? Who pays the vets bills?

Great idea but encouraging every well meaning person to check the free ads is an ill advised plan. Breeders will off load stock, ill bunnies will be passed on without prior knowledge of their condition, the animals may not get neutered and vacs, new homes may not be checked. And meanwhile proper rescues are struggling to home those ready while having to turn away real "at risk" cases.

if people are unsure of this new set up then you can always offer to foster for your local rescue...or go to the Action for Rabbits FB page as that is an organisation with a lot of familiar faces, whihc is very active and well organised.

The problems I see ahead for this new project is anyone who wants to help , taking in rabbits off free ads and then ending up in a complete mess. What if the rabbit is pregnant, has dental issues? is quarantine being adhered to ? If rabbit gives birth then the new fosterer decides they cannot cope , who steps in to take mum and babies? Who pays the vets bills?

Great idea but encouraging every well meaning person to check the free ads is an ill advised plan. Breeders will off load stock, ill bunnies will be passed on without prior knowledge of their condition, the animals may not get neutered and vacs, new homes may not be checked. And meanwhile proper rescues are struggling to home those ready while having to turn away real "at risk" cases.

Must admit I have many of these concerns. I am not sure who are taking these rabbits and that people are going to end on taking too much.

But everything has to start somewhere so I shall keep watching and see what develops :)

I think it's just a group of people working together to try and save and rehome rabbits from places where they are living in hell.

Daniel is right that is what it is. It did get out of control for a while with any free to a good home bunny ending up on there (most were clearly houserabbits who were being looked after). Free to a good home rabbits are at risk we agree but due to the currently very small group it is felt resourses would be better used on rabbits that are in very real danger and neglect situations. The rabbits in rescues are considered safe as they have love, care, medical help, food and a warm dry place to lay their head. But the rules have since changed that admin have to approve posts. So only bunnies that are neglected or are in dangerous situations are posted.

Here are a few examples of some of the bun's and you can then see what we do and if you wish to help.

This is Rockys hutch. He was the one who started it. He is now safe and will be bonded with two girlies.

1461353_580200145361591_833827938_n_zps59e5a9e4.jpg

These two pictures are of ones currently works in progress

These two have no food or bedding and exposed to the weather
kentbunnies_zps1b1c40b5.jpg

With these this is their home. No hutch, cover or anything.

twooutdoorinrun_zps8db00aae.jpg

Sadly we all know rescue centers are overloaded right now and some rabbits are slipping through due to there not being spaces available for them. Anybunniez is trying to help the ones we can find loving homes or fosters to get them out of their situation.

Last edited:
Back