• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thoughts please......??

I think as long as it is open topped there would be no issue about airflow.

I looked at those myself a little while ago, but where I live now my 2 pairs each have their own room which they free range in so I didn't need to. As for jumping out, well 2 of my 4 certainly could. One of them would probably do it as a game, he thinks he is part mountain goat! :lol: it depends on your buns, if like me you have a bunny who isn't content until he has scaled every item of furniture in the room then I would imagine they wouldn't stay in there for long! :lol: Thor once jumped a pen that was about chest height! :shock:

One option is to pin some airy fabric over the top of it (loosely to allow air flow) as rabbits don't always need a solid barrier. I kept Loki inside a pen when I needed to by hooking a fitted bed sheet over the top of it. It looked awful but stopped the rabbit shredding the living room!

ETA I have never used ceramic tiles but in summer I do freeze small bottles of water for the buns, they lie against them when it's really hot.

Another option is to have them made higher for you.
100cm is 3.2ft, maybe go 4ft or 5ft high.

Last edited:
This is what I am having eventually for my indoor boarding as I think they look neat and tidy and safer but I would have to think about tops as it's surprising just how high a rabbit can jump and we have had rabbits actually jump out of their pens in the boarding shed and they are pretty high.

I love this idea :D

Yes we use ceramic tiles in the Summer for the buns, we buy a box of them from Homebase and Mike always checks the corners of them and files them if a bit rough. The buns do use them.

Last edited:
Sorry to butt in on your thread but how would u fix this pen so it doesnt fall over or is it heavy enough to just sit there?

Sorry to butt in on your thread but how would u fix this pen so it doesnt fall over or is it heavy enough to just sit there?

I'm working on one of these for a customer right now and below is one i've done before:

11996029024_0b16fcb272_m.jpg

The ones i make the side panels are made with thick timber framing and cladding and are heavy, but i would recommend screwing in to the wall to be on the safe side. The one i am making now has 4 sides so will be like a run and won't need screwing, hope this helps.

I love this concept for a bunny enclosure. Are they expensive ? I love how it would keep all the mess in!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

I'm working on one of these for a customer right now and below is one i've done before:

11996029024_0b16fcb272_m.jpg

The ones i make the side panels are made with thick timber framing and cladding and are heavy, but i would recommend screwing in to the wall to be on the safe side. The one i am making now has 4 sides so will be like a run and won't need screwing, hope this helps.

There are so many beautifully designed and well thought out products on your website. I am looking forward to ordering some of them once we get our new house, they are beautiful AND practical.

There are so many beautifully designed and well thought out products on your website. I am looking forward to ordering some of them once we get our new house, they are beautiful AND practical.

Thank you, i have spent a lot of time researching, designing and building to create these products.
My aim is just to improve the welfare and what is available to buy in terms of rabbit housing and due to the cost of the materials used my prices are not cheap which is the main issues with them.

Back