• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is my rabbit sick?

Lizard

New Kit
I have a Mini Rex rabbit named Emme who is about 2 years old. Also, she is spayed. She is a little chubby but not obese. Today when I picked her up her feet and her bottom were wet and her cage smelled. Inside of her cage she had left pee everywhere! She is very good about using her litter box so I'm worried! What do you think?

It could possibly be a UTI. I would get her to the vet asap.
Other than that maybe she is a bit over weight and can not clean herself, but in that instance I would expect her to be mucky not just wet.

It could possibly be a UTI. I would get her to the vet asap.
Other than that maybe she is a bit over weight and can not clean herself, but in that instance I would expect her to be mucky not just wet.

Thanks! She peed again in a puddle and laid in it. Her pee is cloudy. I plan on taking her to the vet tomorrow afternoon.

She is also lethargic and it seems it is hard for her to get comfortable! Luckily she is still eating and going number 2 normally!

I would try to get her to a Vet ASAP as it sounds as though your Rabbit is in some pain and the sooner she is started on appropriate treatment the better the chances are of a good outcome.

I woke up this morning to a seemingly healthy and happy bun! Doing laps and binkeys around the living room she seems much better. No more accidents! Well I guess I'll wait and watch her and if she shows any of the symptoms again I'll take her straight to the vet

I would still get her an appointment... untreated UTI's can turn into a bladder sludge problem or even bladder stones. Both are expensive conditions to treat so better to get a course of antibiotics and pain relief now rather than let it turn into something evil x

There is obviously something wrong with her to make her behave in this way - even though at the moment you feel she is better. I would take her to the vet asap - much better to be safe than sorry and a vet appt now could save an emergency appt in a few days.

Back