PDA

View Full Version : that annoying question..

Lolly's mum
03-01-2014, 09:17 PM
the one you get from people you don't work with on a regular basis................
them "how's the rabbit"?
me "which one"
them "how many have you got "
me "two, the same two i've had for the last 3 years"
them "how long do they live "?
me (in my head) longer that you, you numpty

how i imagine the conversation in my head......

how are your children?
how many have you got?
how long will they live?
can i put them in a pie if and when they pop their clogs?

RedFraggle
03-01-2014, 10:02 PM
the one you get from people you don't work with on a regular basis................
them "how's the rabbit"?
me "which one"
them "how many have you got "
me "two, the same two i've had for the last 3 years"
them "how long do they live "?
me (in my head) longer that you, you numpty

how i imagine the conversation in my head......

how are your children?
how many have you got?
how long will they live?
can i put them in a pie if and when they pop their clogs?

Brilliant :lol:

My favourite is for the rats

Them: what do they eat
Me: Rat food :roll::lol:
"in my head" idiots that ask what rats eat

tulsi
04-01-2014, 02:29 PM
People are often amazed when I say that my rabbits are neutered. I rarely talk about them unless I have a sympathetic audience because it is so hard to take the negitive comments that so often come up.

Mind you I was pretty ignorant about rabbits before I joined RU. I still loved them though.

casu consulto
04-01-2014, 02:40 PM
When people ask me how many rabbits I have - and I reply six - they always, always make the assumption that I must have had an accidental litter and kept them all. :lol: In some ways I can understand their train of thought, but I always get all defensive and blurt out that they've all been neautered. Which brings more odd looks from people. And questions. But I suppose the questions are good because it obviously gives them something to think about (even if part of that thought process is labeling me as a bunny-mad nutjob).

Lea-Anne
04-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I am manager of a cattery. I always get asked by customers how many cats I have. I reply ' none. My husband is allergic' (which is true) we have houserabbits. ' and they always look at me apologetically. I'm secretly thinking I prefer rabbits over cats any day ! :D :lol:

tulsi
04-01-2014, 07:42 PM
When people ask me how many rabbits I have - and I reply six - they always, always make the assumption that I must have had an accidental litter and kept them all. :lol: In some ways I can understand their train of thought, but I always get all defensive and blurt out that they've all been neautered. Which brings more odd looks from people. And questions. But I suppose the questions are good because it obviously gives them something to think about (even if part of that thought process is labeling me as a bunny-mad nutjob).

Haha. People are often surprised when I say six. They assume I breed them. Going to have eight soon!!!