• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

that annoying question..

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
the one you get from people you don't work with on a regular basis................
them "how's the rabbit"?
me "which one"
them "how many have you got "
me "two, the same two i've had for the last 3 years"
them "how long do they live "?
me (in my head) longer that you, you numpty

how i imagine the conversation in my head......

how are your children?
how many have you got?
how long will they live?
can i put them in a pie if and when they pop their clogs?

the one you get from people you don't work with on a regular basis................
them "how's the rabbit"?
me "which one"
them "how many have you got "
me "two, the same two i've had for the last 3 years"
them "how long do they live "?
me (in my head) longer that you, you numpty

how i imagine the conversation in my head......

how are your children?
how many have you got?
how long will they live?
can i put them in a pie if and when they pop their clogs?

Brilliant :lol:

My favourite is for the rats

Them: what do they eat
Me: Rat food :roll::lol:
"in my head" idiots that ask what rats eat

People are often amazed when I say that my rabbits are neutered. I rarely talk about them unless I have a sympathetic audience because it is so hard to take the negitive comments that so often come up.

Mind you I was pretty ignorant about rabbits before I joined RU. I still loved them though.

When people ask me how many rabbits I have - and I reply six - they always, always make the assumption that I must have had an accidental litter and kept them all. :lol: In some ways I can understand their train of thought, but I always get all defensive and blurt out that they've all been neautered. Which brings more odd looks from people. And questions. But I suppose the questions are good because it obviously gives them something to think about (even if part of that thought process is labeling me as a bunny-mad nutjob).

Last edited:
I am manager of a cattery. I always get asked by customers how many cats I have. I reply ' none. My husband is allergic' (which is true) we have houserabbits. ' and they always look at me apologetically. I'm secretly thinking I prefer rabbits over cats any day ! :D :lol:

When people ask me how many rabbits I have - and I reply six - they always, always make the assumption that I must have had an accidental litter and kept them all. :lol: In some ways I can understand their train of thought, but I always get all defensive and blurt out that they've all been neautered. Which brings more odd looks from people. And questions. But I suppose the questions are good because it obviously gives them something to think about (even if part of that thought process is labeling me as a bunny-mad nutjob).

Haha. People are often surprised when I say six. They assume I breed them. Going to have eight soon!!!

Back