• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exciting news!! Opinions?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Soon after Pumpkin passed away a tiny little baby bunny came into a boarding/bonding place and I saw photos of him on Facebook. It was very soon after Pumpkin's death but I still really fell in love with him. When trying to reserve him I found that someone had got there first :( I was absolutely gutted and had been wishing (I'm mean I know) that the home falls through and I can have him. Well today, it did!!

The problem is - I have already reserved another bunny from a rescue and I don't particularly want a trio.

My plan at the moment is - unreserve the bunny from rescue (not that I want to :() but say to the rescue if the bunny doesn't get a home within the time the other bunny is ready to be bonded I'll still take him and have a trio.

Does that seem unreasonable? Any other suggestions?

(I have considered space and money etc but neither is an issue)

This is the baby bunny :love:
1528471_629674680408157_1912488177_n.jpg

1526600_629674700408155_292923794_n.jpg

Sorry they're huge

Last edited:
In those photos he was 4-5 weeks :cry: now around 7 weeks.

Someone bought him at an auction and then decided they didn't want him

Aww...hes adorable! :love: Does he only have one ear? :shock:
Honestly, (and this is because I have three myself-but mine are all separate) I think it would be great for you to have a trio, but it has to be your decision and something that is also good for Pippin and the other two bunnies. Then there's the bonding which would have to wait until the wee one is neutered and the hormones are out of his system, but I think in general it's believed that a two boys one female trio is easier than two girls one boy.

Hard choice to be faced with. I just don't understand how anyone could decide this little one wasn't for them. How heartless. :cry: Of course if it was an auction that is even worse.

Also, baby bunnies are usually snapped up, whereas bunnies in rescue have likely been there awhile and won't get chosen as often. Something to think about.

Wishing you all the best in whatever conclusion you come to. xxxx

Aww...hes adorable! :love: Does he only have one ear? :shock:
Honestly, (and this is because I have three myself-but mine are all separate) I think it would be great for you to have a trio, but it has to be your decision and something that is also good for Pippin and the other two bunnies. Then there's the bonding which would have to wait until the wee one is neutered and the hormones are out of his system, but I think in general it's believed that a two boys one female trio is easier than two girls one boy.

Hard choice to be faced with. I just don't understand how anyone could decide this little one wasn't for them. How heartless. :cry: Of course if it was an auction that is even worse.

Also, baby bunnies are usually snapped up, whereas bunnies in rescue have likely been there awhile and won't get chosen as often. Something to think about.

Wishing you all the best in whatever conclusion you come to. xxxx

This is what I'm feeling guilty about. So what I've decided to do is ask the rescue to put him back up for adoption and if he gets rehomed by the time little bunny is ready for bonding (approx. 9 weeks) I won't have a trio but if he's still there, I'll take him. So either way, both buns have a home :) It's really not in my nature to be selfish over something like this.

Yes he only has one ear :(

OMG I can easily see why you fell for that beautiful one eared blue eyed white cute ikkle kins wabbit.

I really hope everything works out happily for you x

Last edited:
I'm usually very sensible and look at the older, less rehome-able rabbits but just look at him! :lol:

Good luck with whatever you decide. A trio would be more difficult imo but don't let me put you off. I would go for your first choice.

Little baby is beautiful.

He deserves a special home, poor little mite has been through so much already....taken away from mum far too soon, ending up at an auction :( and then unwanted, all in such a short space of time and during a phase of his life where he is very susceptible to the effects of stress.

I hope everything works out for you. Good luck with what you decide xx

He deserves a special home, poor little mite has been through so much already....taken away from mum far too soon, ending up at an auction :( and then unwanted, all in such a short space of time and during a phase of his life where he is very susceptible to the effects of stress.

I agree with this. I am pro rescue but this bun having one ear might be considered unattractive and it sounds like he has had a sad and hard life so far. If you can you should give him a home. It would be a shame for the rescue but I presume the rescue bunny looks more conventionally attractive and will be luckier in finding another home. Or if you are seriously torn you could keep the rescue bunny and adopt this little one and I could arrange a bunny run and give him a home up here. I have a couple of single girls he might like.

I agree with this. I am pro rescue but this bun having one ear might be considered unattractive and it sounds like he has had a sad and hard life so far. If you can you should give him a home. It would be a shame for the rescue but I presume the rescue bunny looks more conventionally attractive and will be luckier in finding another home. Or if you are seriously torn you could keep the rescue bunny and adopt this little one and I could arrange a bunny run and give him a home up here. I have a couple of single girls he might like.

The decision has been made now. Both buns have a home no matter what. The baby I'm definitely taking and the rescue (looks just like the baby but with two ears and very young) I will take too and have a trio if no one else adopts him by the time the baby is ready for bonding :)

Thanks though!

Without sounding big headed, I really feel that him coming to live with me and Pippin will be special for him. He deserves the absolute best and that's what he will get :) He's been through so much already bless him.

Thank you xx

May I also just say, I'm not buying him or anything he's still a rescue. The bonding/boarding place is basically a rescue but she only takes in a few at a time.

Good luck with whatever you decide. A trio would be more difficult imo but don't let me put you off. I would go for your first choice.

Would be more difficult and that's why I'm not going for it straight away, only as a last resort but still possible :)

The decision has been made now. Both buns have a home no matter what. The baby I'm definitely taking and the rescue (looks just like the baby but with two ears and very young) I will take too and have a trio if no one else adopts him by the time the baby is ready for bonding :)

Thanks though!

That is fab, brilliant decision. I hope it works out :D

Any rabbit living with Pippin is a lucky one.

I remember you posting a link to the two eared white blue eyed rescue rabbit. Hope the trio works out. You may just have to have two pairs you know ... just warning you.

I started out with two and now have six (soon to be eight). Addictive little things bunnies :lol:

Without sounding big headed, I really feel that him coming to live with me and Pippin will be special for him. He deserves the absolute best and that's what he will get :) He's been through so much already bless him.

Thank you xx

Awwwww fantastic news :thumb: I am so pleased for you and little bun :love:

Thanks though!

Excellent news. Best of luck.:thumb::love::love::love:

Back