• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That stomach dropping moment... UD post 15

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
... when you're doing your normal bunny rounds and find a semi collapsed rabbit (lying out- not willing to move, but able to move and with head up).

Hate those.

:( Poor bunny.

Last edited:
Dopey 1, my little old lady :-(

She's inside now, Metacamed up, warmer and showing more of an interest in life. No point going to the vets until they can do more for her than I can here. So just following my vets advice on situations like this.

Could just see Roger all over again. But thanks to Roger I now do midday pellet checks and she was fine and dandy (fruedian autocorrect there) at four which is a good ballpark to work from.

I had a bun do that years ago, I broke down in tears thinking it was the end of him. Even after stroking him for nearly five minutes I left him in the run on the lawn with his companion while I quickly prepared their hutch and while doing so I looked back, tears rolling down my face to see him telescoping to see what I was upto. He never did this again and lived for at least another year. I really hope your bun will be ok.

Iv'e had enough. with Lighters and Dopeys in and needing to see her kmoving around I took Angel upsatirs so that he could have a run and he could ahve their space and my loppy trio started fighting so are now separate. AGAIN. this just gets better ad ******* better. such a stuff up.

And the icing on the cake is tat I was upset and stressed and so dad got upset and stressed sand angry And is now resting because he can't cope with me. What a marvellous daughter I am.

In other news- amongst me pulling my family apart dopey is now bright and eating.

Oh gosh :shock: vibes being sent for Dopey 1 ((((((((((vibes))))))))))
Calming thoughts being sent as well for fighting bunnies and you and your dad. ((((((Hugs)))))))
I fear looking in on Mimzy every morning...just in case this is the one I'll find him ill again or gone. :( I have a baby monitor on at all times and I listen for his feet or lapping/munching sounds every day before I even get out of bed. If he happens to be quiet I have my heart in my mouth till I get to the kitchen and check him.

Thinking of you all. xxxx

And the icing on the cake is tat I was upset and stressed and so dad got upset and stressed sand angry And is now resting because he can't cope with me. What a marvellous daughter I am.

In other news- amongst me pulling my family apart dopey is now bright and eating.

Believe me when someone is recovering from surgery nearly everything upsets them and they get angry and sometimes cannot cope, its not you. They are going through their own emotions. You are a good daughter, it was simply a scary moment.

Glad Dopey is better now.

Thanks guys. Dopey 1 seems 100% fine now (hooray for Metacam)- we will be off to the vets when a suitable appointment is available with a preferred vet.

We took a neutralising car journey and the trio are back together and ok too but I'm feeling that Autumn is hurting somewhere/somehow so he has had a top up of medication. He's eating and suchlike and I don't know if it's one of his episodes brought on by stress, or if he is injured- I can't find anything though. Have to wait until it scabs so should be able to find anything by tomorrow.

God I feel like they would all be so much better of with someone else.

Thanks guys. Dopey 1 seems 100% fine now (hooray for Metacam)- we will be off to the vets when a suitable appointment is available with a preferred vet.

We took a neutralising car journey and the trio are back together and ok too but I'm feeling that Autumn is hurting somewhere/somehow so he has had a top up of medication. He's eating and suchlike and I don't know if it's one of his episodes brought on by stress, or if he is injured- I can't find anything though. Have to wait until it scabs so should be able to find anything by tomorrow.

God I feel like they would all be so much better of with someone else.

That's not true at all. You do fantastic work with your bunnies. They would be lost without you.
Hang in there Sky-O, it's just a hard day, hopefully things will continue to improve. ((((((Hugs))))))) xxxx

I am quite sure that they are all better off with you.

Its so hard when lots of things go wrong at once. I get easily overwhelmed and find motivation just sooooo hard. Yet on another day I can get up and get loads done no problem. Life is full of ups and downs.

Hope Dopey 1's vet visit goes well once the time comes.

:?

Thanks all so much for being nice. That escalated quickly :?

Dopey 1 is very lively and feeling good today. I think something caused her pain, which meant she sat down and then she got cold. So I've adjusted the flooring of the enclosure (covered all of it with carpet squares, rather than just half) and they have gone back outside. She is still medicated up, and will say that way and we have a vets appointment on Monday morning.

The trio have sorted themselves out too and have survived the night/morning with no problems. I can't see any evidence of any wounds on Autumn either.

It's almost like last night never happened.

Believe me when someone is recovering from surgery nearly everything upsets them and they get angry and sometimes cannot cope, its not you. They are going through their own emotions. You are a good daughter, it was simply a scary moment.

Glad Dopey is better now.

Wise words as always from BYB :)

:?

Thanks all so much for being nice. That escalated quickly :?

Dopey 1 is very lively and feeling good today. I think something caused her pain, which meant she sat down and then she got cold. So I've adjusted the flooring of the enclosure (covered all of it with carpet squares, rather than just half) and they have gone back outside. She is still medicated up, and will say that way and we have a vets appointment on Monday morning.

The trio have sorted themselves out too and have survived the night/morning with no problems. I can't see any evidence of any wounds on Autumn either.

It's almost like last night never happened.

Thank goodness everything is calmer today :) Don't ever think that your buns would be better off somewhere else, they're unbelievably lucky to have you :love:

Bonding and recovery vibes to the trio and Dopey xxx

Back