• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Break through with Sylvie!!

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
I'm so impressed with my little silver lady today! :D:D

Here's the thing....normally when I go in to see to Iris and Sylvie they run and hide in the "warren" they created around their box with hay! :roll:

I've now decided I've spent enough time going in and talking to them and letting them get to know me......so now I'm moving on to handling time! :shock: normally if I get near Sylvie she will thump and lunge with a grunt! :oops: today I managed to catch her quickly and hold her.......she did not struggle or fuss and seemed quite relaxed (or as relaxed as a nervous rabbit can be) in my arms having nose rubs :p:p:love:

When I put her down I thought she would run and thump......she didn't :shock: she stayed out watching me as I cleaned the litter trays:thumb:

Then.....and this is the break through more so than anything! I attempted to touch her, she stayed there and let me rub her nose :shock::shock::shock:

No thumping
No lunging
No grunting :thumb::thumb:
So proud of her

Little Iris trembles when I hold her :cry: what did these rabbits go through before they came here :cry:

Last edited:
Awww bless them. It is so rewarding when something like that happens isnt it?

I stroked Frosty, Tessie and Daisy last night as they munched on their pellets. I can now stroke all of them (briefly). I love them all so much.

Awww bless them. It is so rewarding when something like that happens isnt it?

I stroked Frosty, Tessie and Daisy last night as they munched on their pellets. I can now stroke all of them (briefly). I love them all so much.

Soooo rewarding! :love:

I didn't think I'd get to that this soon :thumb:

OMG! Squuuuuuueeeeeeeeee! :love:

Well done Sylvie! :love::love::love: and well done Kelly! :wave:

Time and patience ;)

Well done on rescuing these bunnies, they really have the chance now to trust humans and be happy. :love:

The little progresses are the most rewarding - I can totally relate to this with Phoebe, so I understand the joy that comes with these little "big" steps. :love:
The progress you're making will help a long way in preparing them for their new home (as I understand you're trying to find one for them now).

I've got lots of hope for these girlies. :love:

Congrats! :wave:

OMG! Squuuuuuueeeeeeeeee! :love:

Well done Sylvie! :love::love::love: and well done Kelly! :wave:

Time and patience ;)

Well done on rescuing these bunnies, they really have the chance now to trust humans and be happy. :love:

The little progresses are the most rewarding - I can totally relate to this with Phoebe, so I understand the joy that comes with these little "big" steps. :love:
The progress you're making will help a long way in preparing them for their new home (as I understand you're trying to find one for them now).

I've got lots of hope for these girlies. :love:

Congrats! :wave:

Didn't think it would happen so soon, especially as I broke any circle of trust with the vaccinations on Tuesday :shock:

Back