• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit understands me... do I sound crazy? :)

Persie

Warren Scout
He is one smart little bun!

He has full run of the house when we are at home (minus the living room - too many wires!) and when we are at work he is restricted to the kitchen which is bunny proof. He has a few favourite sleeping spots & the most popular being the top stair gazing down (it is unbelievably cute looking up at his wee face) :love: anyhow it's always been difficult to get him back into the kitchen when we are going to bed at nights but recently I have resulted to bribing :oops: I thought it was a fluke the first night when I said "come on down for a wee biscuit" and down he came straight away but I have since learnt it works every time :D...

The things bunnies would do for a fenugreek crunchie! :love:

24e8cw7.jpg

Last edited:
He is just gorgeous isn't he! :love:

My buns know when I'm offering them treats aswell, especially Max who knows many different words :D They're far cleverer than some people give them credit for.

yes they are very clever, mabel will come running when I say her name, if she has ventured into dads or spare room, saves me getting up and getting her :lol:

I often call Mottle over for a spring of pasley or a few pellets.

He knows the regular food spots now (so does Peaches). I have to multiple areas where I put their treats otherwise they spend ages chasing each other round and round to try to get the food from each others mouths!!

No you dont sound at all crazy.

Persie is just awesomely cute - a mini version of my Peaches. :love:

my two know exactly what the words "who wants a sweetie" means!! (apple snack at bed time)

and Barnsley bunny would coming running for snacks when i sang "Rats in the gas tank, boom boom" !!

Aww thank you everyone :D :love:

He is my little fluffy best friend :D I'm sitting in the living room typing this & I can hear his little feetsies out in the hallway... think it's time to go and give him smoochies :lol: if rabbits could speak I'm sure he would say "Yuck not this again lady, back the hell off with the kisses" :lol:

I think Blackavar has learnt his name too - he had his back to me today when I stuck my fingers through the bars to give him a quick fuss on my way out and called his name and he hopped over for nose rubs :love: If the others have, they ignore me! Well Badger & Blueberry don't get named individually, they just get referred to as the "babies". As in "morning babies", "night babies" etc etc :lol:

Two of my buns know their own names and come when they are called... Well mostly, if they have managed to get under the spare bed then simply calling them isn't going to get them out :lol: :roll:

Thor is a little less eager to please but he will follow me round and try to trip me up if he thinks there might be food in his near future! :p

Poppy is completely oblivious to pretty much everything :love: but she bumbles around and is a happy little thing :p

I believe bunnies are very intelligent little guys! :love: persie is gorgeous :love::love::love:

Your not alone! Mine understand everything, they even know the times they are fed and if im late they get really antsy. If I open the cupboard door other than the morning they don't react but in the morning when they hear it open they start chasing each other! Buster not so long ago broke into his food cupboard, when I went into the room and saw the door open and I could hear him in there I shouted " you better not be in that cupboard Buster!" Out he hops looking at me and I said "come on you" and he ran up the kitchen to me! It amazes me as well how they know if im coming in their pen to fuss them or to do some grooming. Your bun looks such a sweetie :wave:

What a sweet bun :love:

You are not crazy, bunnies are very intelligent!

My two both know their own names and come when called, they also know what 'bedtime' means and go and sit on their rugs ready for me to pick them up to carry out to their hutch but the best thing is the way they act like toddlers when they are about to do something they aren't meant to they will wait until I am looking and then do it! Almost giving me a cheeky look right before they do it!:love:

:wave:

Persie definitely knows his name also :D it seems hard for "non-rabbit owners" to comprehend that rabbits are intelligent creatures. When I am asked on many occasion if he "poo's all over the house" and I reply no! nor has he ever, he has been trained to go in his cage (carefresh base) from a very young age, even when he is upstairs and needs to go, he will go running down into the kitchen, do his business & reappear upstairs afterwards :D

I often look at him & think "I would just love to know what he's thinking right now".... this I fear really does make me crazy :shock::oops:

Back