• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And some people say having multiple cats is cruel...

:lol: I used to have 5 cats that adored each other, they did everything together and all lived into their twenties.
Now we have 2 cats they hate each other and often fight :roll: xx

we have 4 cats (we had 5 till last year when the oldest one died)

the oldest one and the 2 kittens were forever cuddling up together

the 2 kittens (well they're 2 years old now so not really kittens anymore :lol:) still like to curl up together as they're sisters

one of them even likes to curl up with our dog :love:

Our 3 seem to love and hate each other in equal proportions :lol:

three_musCATeers.jpg

My friend has 9 and they all cuddle up... I cant visit her because I am allergic to cats!!!

I have three...two barely tolerate one another and the third is detested by the two. The feeling is mutual from #3.

Even if I could I will never have cats again. Keeping them from killing one another has taken years off my life. And they were always my favorite animal as a child/young adult. :cry:

I do love seeing all these happy ones though. I think the collective is a clowder and since spell check didn't correct it I'll go with that. :thumb: But when I was a kid I thought it was a kaboodle. :love:

Most of mine cuddle with each other :love: it's so precious.

Some of mine just love other cats, like Hermione and Harry already love our kitten Nyx and will cuddle and lick her even though we only introduced them a couple of weeks ago. Kovu is the same way and will automatically lick any kitten you hold up to him, even if he's never met it before. :love:

Ive 3 males and 2 females. the girls are really aloof and don't have any kind of contact with any other cat unless theres a bowl of food involved and they've both decided to only live downstairs.

My 2 youngest males have just started playing together and snuggling, the kitten is 7 months and Monty thinks its great that another cat wants to be his friend. The kitten also plays with the neighbours kitten, very cute together. My old boy tolerates all but my little female.

My bridge cats used to snuggle together infront of the fire, you cant beat a pile of cats.

Awww :love:
I didn't know some people said keeping multiple cats was cruel?

Someone tell that to Imp and Isis, they love cuddles, but I suppose that's because they're Mum and baby.

Id always prefer multiple cats - better for company to be there if they want it. My cat will always need another cat, he absolutely adores being near others. My mams cat tolerates him but she still likee him there if she fancies playing :D

Back