• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is SO frustrating

:shock:...:cry:... Clueless...

I have complained directly to them

Last edited:
what on earth? :shock::(

ETA: I'm having real trouble finding how to email them about that, anyone have a link? :?

Last edited:
I just did it via Contact us on their website.. I reckon we should all email them..

I just did it via Contact us on their website.. I reckon we should all email them..

Just done, although it took me ages to find the bit where you can actually email them.
This is what I put

"Re the article "how to build a rabbit hutch" by Rosie Millard.
located here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsore...perty/10450236/how-to-build-rabbit-hutch.html

I'm aware this is an older article but it is so inaccurate it should really be taken down, preferably with a replacement article put in place with up to date information on the needs of rabbits.

The article starts "Hopping space is not essential" which is wholly untrue and, frankly, upsetting.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm) states that
"Domestic rabbits are not fundamentally far removed from their wild cousins. They share the same need to run, jump, explore and share companionship with their own kind, so their accommodation must allow them to display these natural behaviours."
Their suggested minimum housing requirements for rabbits are a 6x2x2ft hutch and an attached run of 8x4 ft run. This is an absolute minimum.

If you need a replacement article to be written, I'm a member of a rabbit forum and I'm sure as a group we could put something factually accurate together with plenty of photographic examples of suitable housing (ranging from hutches to converted sheds).

Thanks
Kat"

:thumb:... I enclosed a copy of the rWAF , a hutch os not enough article but didnt put it so succinctly I'm afraid. Basically said I was disgusted at such an inaccurate piece of editorial...

Let us know if you receive a response!,

:censored::censored::censored:

It is like one step forward and 2 back, isn't it?

Once I'm home from work I'll be contacting them. Takes too long on my phone.

What the :censored: ???

It's simple: the information is wrong = they take it down. :evil:

(I'm sorry everyone :oops: I know the world doesn't work like that... But it soooooo could. It seems so simple...)

The picture of that stupid little hutch makes me boil...

I contacted them via their facebook and got a message back asking for my email, so that the team that "commissioned this piece" can contact me directly. I also enclosed a link to the RWAF. We shall see if anything comes of this.

Some people are just so stupid, it's unbelievable. :censored:

I dont how Twitter works.. I am an old dinosaur with technology...But good for you for tweeting her...

I am confused as I thought it was Rosie Millard of the telegraph who did the piece?.. In any case, the more people that moan, the better!,!

Last edited:
I dont how Twitter works.. I am an old dinosaur with technology...But good for you for tweeting her...

I am confused as I thought it was Rosie Millard of the telegraph who did the piece?.. In any case, the more people that moan, the better!,!

It was Rosie Millard - that link goes to my profile - and the first tweet at the top of my feed is to Rosie :thumb:

I just clicked on the original link and it now includes all the relevant size requirements etc. in the first bit. It says at the bottom they have changed it after being contacted by readers :thumb:

:shock:

You managed to get an online newspaper to update a sponsored piece. :shock: :shock:

Knock me down with a feather!!! :lol:

Back