PDA

View Full Version : This is SO frustrating

jazxo
03-01-2014, 10:16 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/finance/top-tips/property/10450236/how-to-build-rabbit-hutch.html

:cry:

Fee
03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
:shock:...:cry:... Clueless...

I have complained directly to them

jazxo
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM
"Hopping space is not essential" where on earth did they get that from?!

BattleKat
03-01-2014, 10:22 AM
what on earth? :shock::(

ETA: I'm having real trouble finding how to email them about that, anyone have a link? :?

Fee
03-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I just did it via Contact us on their website.. I reckon we should all email them..

BattleKat
03-01-2014, 11:21 AM
I just did it via Contact us on their website.. I reckon we should all email them..

Just done, although it took me ages to find the bit where you can actually email them.
This is what I put

"Re the article "how to build a rabbit hutch" by Rosie Millard.
located here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/finance/top-tips/property/10450236/how-to-build-rabbit-hutch.html

I'm aware this is an older article but it is so inaccurate it should really be taken down, preferably with a replacement article put in place with up to date information on the needs of rabbits.

The article starts "Hopping space is not essential" which is wholly untrue and, frankly, upsetting.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm) states that
"Domestic rabbits are not fundamentally far removed from their wild cousins. They share the same need to run, jump, explore and share companionship with their own kind, so their accommodation must allow them to display these natural behaviours."
Their suggested minimum housing requirements for rabbits are a 6x2x2ft hutch and an attached run of 8x4 ft run. This is an absolute minimum.

If you need a replacement article to be written, I'm a member of a rabbit forum and I'm sure as a group we could put something factually accurate together with plenty of photographic examples of suitable housing (ranging from hutches to converted sheds).

Thanks
Kat"

Fee
03-01-2014, 11:37 AM
:thumb:... I enclosed a copy of the rWAF , a hutch os not enough article but didnt put it so succinctly I'm afraid. Basically said I was disgusted at such an inaccurate piece of editorial...

Let us know if you receive a response!,

jemjabella
03-01-2014, 11:43 AM
It's an advertorial - paid for - the likelihood of them amending or replacing it is nil. :(

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2014, 11:46 AM
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/tony-gallagher-editor-of-the-telegraph-newspaper-apologise-for-giving-misleading-animal-welfare-advice-that-could-lead-to-animal-cruelty-bunniesneedspace

Den
03-01-2014, 11:57 AM
:censored::censored::censored:

It is like one step forward and 2 back, isn't it?

Once I'm home from work I'll be contacting them. Takes too long on my phone.

Schez
03-01-2014, 11:59 AM
What the :censored: ???

It's simple: the information is wrong = they take it down. :evil:

(I'm sorry everyone :oops: I know the world doesn't work like that... But it soooooo could. It seems so simple...)

The picture of that stupid little hutch makes me boil...

marchi1990
03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I just tweeted her.

It says on her twitter that the piece is being changed today.

Vegan_Bunny
03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
I contacted them via their facebook and got a message back asking for my email, so that the team that "commissioned this piece" can contact me directly. I also enclosed a link to the RWAF. We shall see if anything comes of this.

Some people are just so stupid, it's unbelievable. :censored:

Fee
03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
I dont how Twitter works.. I am an old dinosaur with technology...But good for you for tweeting her...

I am confused as I thought it was Rosie Millard of the telegraph who did the piece?.. In any case, the more people that moan, the better!,!

marchi1990
03-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I dont how Twitter works.. I am an old dinosaur with technology...But good for you for tweeting her...

I am confused as I thought it was Rosie Millard of the telegraph who did the piece?.. In any case, the more people that moan, the better!,!

It was Rosie Millard - that link goes to my profile - and the first tweet at the top of my feed is to Rosie :thumb:

Willowsmum
03-01-2014, 12:50 PM
I just tweeted her.

It says on her twitter that the piece is being changed today.

Well done! :thumb:

Shula
03-01-2014, 02:44 PM
I just clicked on the original link and it now includes all the relevant size requirements etc. in the first bit. It says at the bottom they have changed it after being contacted by readers :thumb:

MightyMax
03-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Just looked at the article - fabulous result :D

Well done xx

The article alerted me to this:

http://www.actionforrabbits.co.uk/index.html

I hadn't heard of them before!

jemjabella
03-01-2014, 03:38 PM
:shock:

You managed to get an online newspaper to update a sponsored piece. :shock: :shock:

Knock me down with a feather!!! :lol:

jazxo
03-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Well done everyone :D

Tilia
03-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Just seen the update, hurray!

I have to say, credit to Rosie Millard too - I contacted her directly by email last night (politely - with helpful information and links!) and she replied within 10 min to apologise, despite being abroad, and has made these changes so quickly. I strongly doubt the article would have been updated so quickly - if at all - otherwise.

It is a "how to" article so will probably be viewed quite frequently, unlike an old news article.

Karen's
03-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Good work you tweeters and emailers! Result :thumb:

Fee
03-01-2014, 04:11 PM
:thumb:... Woohoo!!,!!!,! A small triumph.... heres hoping a more positive life for somebun,,,

Fee xxxxx

Den
03-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Blimey, this is great news. Have just managed to get on the laptop and email, contact, tweet etc (I have a twitter account but have never used it) and now dont need to.

Think I'll still email to say Im pleased they've altered the article. Afterall good things need praise as well as bad things need complaints.

Tilia
03-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Blimey, this is great news. Have just managed to get on the laptop and email, contact, tweet etc (I have a twitter account but have never used it) and now dont need to.

Think I'll still email to say Im pleased they've altered the article. Afterall good things need praise as well as bad things need complaints.

:thumb: Agreed and done - I think this is important (and good manners!), particularly given how many people/organisations would just ignore or fob off the commenters!