• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuit seems to have found a new comfy spot

I always remark to my wife how similar Biscuit and Max's backends look :lol:

He's alright, he's still pretty quiet, but he seems to be improving with each day that goes by. He misses her, in my opinion as he does still search her out. Think i'm going to have to do a full clean out and get rid of everything that smells of her and clean everything else to try and help him forget? :( That sounds really horrible doesn't it?

We're alright too - Joshua's keeping us on our toes, but to be honest, it's only been 6 days, so its still kind of sinking in?

Thanks Gemma :)

I always remark to my wife how similar Biscuit and Max's backends look :lol:

He's alright, he's still pretty quiet, but he seems to be improving with each day that goes by. He misses her, in my opinion as he does still search her out. Think i'm going to have to do a full clean out and get rid of everything that smells of her and clean everything else to try and help him forget? :( That sounds really horrible doesn't it?

We're alright too - Joshua's keeping us on our toes, but to be honest, it's only been 6 days, so its still kind of sinking in?

Thanks Gemma :)

Poor lad, it must be impossible for them to understand when their partner goes :cry: I think a thorough clean of everything is a good idea and will help Biccy a lot, although I know it will break your heart :cry:

Thank goodness for your Joshua, I bet he's been your rock through this :love::love::love:

When Mischa died that day I'd done a big clean as they were both at the vets and I could get on and do it. But when I got Mini home I felt that the sterile atmosphere wasn't helping so i put back in a blanket that hadn't yet been washed. Maybe clean but leave one or two things with her scent?

Bless him, I've been wondering how Biscuit was getting on.

I think we joined RU at the same time, so I can remember when you only had Biscuit ... but is sad to see him on his own, although good that he has a new comfy spot to flop in. :love:

If they have had a partner who has been ill for a while then they know - it does not stop them grieving if they were a very close bond but they will know how ill the other one was. All animals know when one is ill and especially when they are dying.

the sign of a really strong bond is when they do not bully the other in the last few days but stay 'supportive'.

We have had two bonds where the bond was so strong the one left behind would not eat etc and had in the end to be syringed - we thought we would actually loose Peaches when Parsley passed away, and Teasal was inconsolable over Florence. Although in both cases the one that passed had an 'illness' both went rather earlier than expected and they were not in 'dying' mode I guess so the other bun was not 'ready'

However we have had some surprises - how well Damson coped when his sister and half spirt Quince went - she had had pneumonia (EC related) and he knew she was going and almost 'relaxed' once she was gone - the same with Viola Rose and Mistletoe Snowgoose - she died of kidney failure and he knew she was so ill and again almost seem to relax when it was all over.

I think a long illness prepares the other bun for loss

As we often have groups now the loss is often not as sustained - Mulberry recently lost his soulmate - but is being supported by the two others left in the group.

When you are ready I would suggest a new partner for him - it seems almost unmentionable I know, but he has loved so much that to be alone would be difficult. Even if the bond is not as strong it will be company and someone to groom with.

PS I forgot to say he is adorable!

Last edited:
Aw lovely photo - he looks very chilled.

6 days is not long enough to be feeling 'ok' about it yet.
x

Aw gorgeous Biscuit. Hope he continues to cope ok.

Pampers nappy boxes make great bunny houses I seem to remember!

He looks so lovely...there is nothing like a box to give a bunny a sense of security. :)
I wish Mimzy could still flop like that. He hasn't properly done since his tilt, but I can remember when he used to sleep that way. :love:

Thanks for sharing Gray, he is such a doll. xxxx

Back