• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Barney and Molly please U/D 4 May. Molly is back :)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know what is going on inside him, but he's not right. As I've previously posted, he has pain episodes every time he eats something. But he has always been very keen to eat everything. This morning he wouldn't even eat hay :( and that was first thing, he just refused everything. So i rushed round doing the other buns thinking I'll have to get him to the vets when they open at 8 (i am working all day). But by the time i got ready he was munching stuff. So i have booked him in for tomorrow for possible admit, as i am convinced he has a partial blockage or something. He is pooing but struggling a bit. Any ideas and vibes much appreciated x

Last edited:
Sorry, no ideas, but ((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))) for Barney and fingers crossed he is ok!

Can you explain a bit more about how these pain episodes actually present ? Apart from the food refusal I mean.

During an episode of apparent pain are you able to palpate his abdomen and recognise an abnormality ?

What is his water intake/urine output like ?

Can you explain a bit more about how these pain episodes actually present ? Apart from the food refusal I mean.

During an episode of apparent pain are you able to palpate his abdomen and recognise an abnormality ?

What is his water intake/urine output like ?

Ever since he arrived, he has gobbled up his food quickly, then about 10 mins later his tummy would swell a bit and feel quite hard and lumpy. After half hour to one hour he is fine again. He would lie down and grind teeth when having an episode. Sometimes eased quicker if i rubbed his tummy.
The last couple of weeks been worse, even a tiny bit of food (anything) would affect him.
Used to drink tons of water but not as much now.
Not sure about wee due to shared tray.
Poops very varied - strange shapes, sometimes small, sometimes massive with fur.
Sorry for brief reply, I'm working x

No advice but I'm sorry Barney isn't well and hope you can get to the bottom of it.

He was examined by vet on Sat who couldn't find anything abnormal :? But it is frighteningly similar to how honey's tummy felt :(

Sending lots of vibes for Barney - I hope the vet gets to the bottom of this for him and you xxxx

Sending lots of vibes for him, hope the vet can find the problem and that it can easily be fixed xx

OH said he is eating hay fine now; he begged for a crunchie but I'm going to keep him off hard things like that to see if it helps...

Hi Ripminnie,
It would definitely be worth getting some blood tests done.
I have looked after 2 bunnies with on going gut problems.
I had meds at home if there was any sign of trouble but obviously you need to try to find out what the underlying issue is.
As for diet, I avoided any hard stuff apart from protexin pro-fibre pellets and a miniscule amount of SS.
Water with Probiotic.
Apart from that just hay and herbs - plantain, meadow mix, strawberry leaves and blackcurrant leaves, dill and parsley and no vegetables or hard treats.

Regards,
Nicki:)

Back