• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exercise

LauraLou1982

Warren Scout
Hello all! :wave: Hope you all had a good new year.

How much exercise have ll your buns been getting? I hope to get a runaround tunnel this year so my bun can go out when she wants but at the moment she relies on me putting her in her run. She normally has at least 4 hours a day but with this terrible weather I feel like shes hardly gone out! Shes got a massive two level hutch but obviously it doesnt compensate for going out on the grass in her run.

How much exercise have your bunnies all been having? xxx

I just put mine out all day. The only time I've shut them in their hutch is when it's been really windy and I was worried the run would blow over. And that's only one day. They don't mind the wet weather so I think it's better for them to be outside. :)

Your lucky, our weathers been terrible! Theres been at least 5 days since xmas that the wind and rain have been awful. Literally half of my garden fencing has blown down, plus my shed and next doors tree. Today is the first day in ages that the weathers been nice, so shes gone out today.

Blooming weather!

Your lucky, our weathers been terrible! Theres been at least 5 days since xmas that the wind and rain have been awful. Literally half of my garden fencing has blown down, plus my shed and next doors tree. Today is the first day in ages that the weathers been nice, so shes gone out today.

Blooming weather!

It's been the same here and I feel so guilty, they have been let out around the house but it's not the same is it?

Mine have access to their run 24/7 - which is what they need really. Don't think I could cope with having to take them from their hutch to their run each day and reversing the process at night.

Im hoping to get a runaround soon for her but they are not cheap are they! The only good thing about putting her in and out is shes got used to being handled and comes up to me now. When I got her in July she was a nervous wreck! :thumb:

At least they are getting exercise claireboo! Its better than nothing. Mine doesnt eat the grass anyway, odd rabbit lol x

Im hoping to get a runaround soon for her but they are not cheap are they! The only good thing about putting her in and out is shes got used to being handled and comes up to me now. When I got her in July she was a nervous wreck! :thumb:

It is good that she has now got used to being handled - makes life so much easier for checking them over/vet visits etc.

Have a look at the welfare hutches connectors and tubes :)

My lot have access all the time, although Donny and Lola have been shut in there shed a few times this week because their run is so boggy in the rain. It's only partly slabbed but once I can finish it then they can stay out in yucky weather if they choose because the ground will be clean. Luckily it's a nice day today so they're in the run and Charley is completely uncovered so she can sunbathe in her hutch and run without being wrapped in bubble wrap or covered with tarpauling!

I'm the same my tie haven't had a run in garden for over a week now as neighbours fence blew down & can't get them to fix it :(

I bought a second hand run off gumtree in the short term to keep them confined so they had a few hours in that yesterday.

It's been so cold today I haven't put them out but I don't know if the would find much different in temperature between shed & run anyway? x

I'm not a fan of this weather either. Luckily my rabbits all have 24/7 access to an aivery run. Four have a shed and the pair have a hutch in a run. I wish they could all somehow be inside ...

This weather is such a worry.

My rabbits have 24/7 access to my house :lol:

I think they're a bit spoilt really but they don't think so ...

Mine have a large hutch attached to a run, they're never confined to hutch as I can cover the run so it doesn't get full of water, but they do miss their time on the lawn run.I'm hoping to connect via run around ru once Oh has made the lawn run more secure. At the moment they're never unattended in the lawn run.

They haven't been on the lawn since before Christmas as its so wet. So we've been letting them out on the patio, blocking of the lawn, so they have the run of patio, side of house and garage. OH and I spend many an afternoon well wrapped up with hot drinks in the garage. Obviously they have access to hay, water and a litter tray. Oh has been quite impressed to see both of them bound into the garage, have a wee in the tray, then go out again.Or amble out from their hidy hole in the garage, go to the toilet and then go back. Now if I could just convince him they'd continue to be so well trained indoors.

Back