• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type bunnies do I have?

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Hi anyone have an idea what type of rabbits I have?

My first, Springfield is apparently a dwarf lop which I think is fairly accurate... What do you think?

This is baby Springfield
IMG_20130602_193914_zpsf2695f1c.jpg

Teenager Springfield
20131015_213039_zpsfe43995d.jpg

My second bun is a rescue and was labelled as a mixed breed but I'd love to know more about her type. She often changes colour if that helps.

20131225_104444_zps5424e6f8.jpg

20131015_213219_zps17baf67d.jpg

And one together to show size difference. ..

20131001_184018_zps6d87398b.jpg

Sorry picture heavy! !!

Any breed ideas welcomed! !

Also I'd love to see pictures of your buns with their breed next to them :)

Her colouring is a light siamese sable, but her breed is likely to be very mixed because of her shape. How much does she weigh?

I'd agree with dwarf lop for your first rabbit, the second is definitely a mix and is a very 'normal' rabbit shape so it'd be impossible to know what she's a cross of but her colour is sable point

ETA: If you search light siamese sable on google images you'll find that the rabbits are brown all over whereas sable points can be almost pure white with brown ears/noses/feet etc. (usually the show ones) or they can be a more of a creamy brown colour with brown ears/noses/feet and the darkness changes at different times of the year, from the pictures it looks like she goes through phases where she's very pale around her middle so that's why I'd say sable point :)

Last edited:
Ah Thanks everyone. I think they're gorgeous but I'm biased :-D
I looked at the sable point she could definitely be some sort of cross with them. She's very patchy on her back at the moment but she's moulting so think she's ready for another colour change. Only had Lola since October but she's changed constantly since!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ah Thanks everyone. I think they're gorgeous but I'm biased :-D
I looked at the sable point she could definitely be some sort of cross with them. She's very patchy on her back at the moment but she's moulting so think she's ready for another colour change. Only had Lola since October but she's changed constantly since!

Sable point is a colour not a breed, you tend to get it in rex, netherland dwarfs, lionheads and lops and of course mixed breeds :) It's possible she has one of those breeds in her somewhere but she doesn't display features of any of them, I don't suppose she had any siblings?

Oh right I see. I've no idea of her background only that she'd come to the rescue Centre through the RSPCA with siblings though I've never seen pictures of them.

Back