• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank you and goodbye

rngpwelfare

Mama Doe
After much soul searching.
We have decided to close Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare from the 1st January 2014.
I have run this rescue, for the most part with only my family as support although that has changed slightly over the last few years, and for that I am extremely grateful to Jeannette, Rachael, Pete, Joely and Rosie.

We took over the rescue from Julie Fox back in September 2000. At the time we were the only independent rabbit and guinea pig rescue in Warwickshire. We believe that in the last 13.5 years we have helped over 1500 animals. This has taken its toll, on family life, resources, health and finances although I made the decision many years ago that the rescue had to be self funding, It’s still been very hard at times to fundraise enough to keep our heads above water.
The guinea pigs dumped on our doorstep last year, that then gave birth and meant we went through all of last winter with many more animals in our care then we could really cope with, was in some ways the straw that broke the camel’s back. While we were very grateful to the people that helped with fostering, donating and fundraising at the start of that period. But we were then more or less left to deal with the mess on our own and while I except that rescues do that regularly it was a situation that we hadn’t ever found ourselves in before.
I also feel that, the support for small animal rescues is waning, which in its self has a knock on effect. Many years down the road and we’re still waiting for the government to do something about the amount of rabbits and guineas being breed in this country and being churned out by big pet supermarkets. Little has changed regarding accommodation size, exercise areas etc and yet small rescues are frowned upon if they don’t or can’t do homechecks to insure that the animals in their care are going to good places. I believe that it is indeed needed. But it would be much easier if something was set in stone for everyone to sing from the same song sheet.
So in short I’m tired of the fight and have decided to step down from my charger. I would like to thank the forums we are members of for their support and fundraising skills over the years and of course all the wonderful people who have given one or more of our animals a loving new home. Our homecheckers who have helped get them in to those homes and in some cases the amazing people who have gone above and beyond in help to transport them.
Finally my amazing family who have had to put up with so much over the years. Little did they think when they said we’ll support you in whatever you want to do and it’s better to try than not did they know what they were letting themselves in for.
I will still be around and the boarding bonding services will still be here as will foodstuffs, help and advice. Although on a purely appointment only basis now.

Happy 2014 to you all.

happy new year.
i hope that you are able to move forward without regret and have a very positive future.
thank you for everything you have done.

So sorry that it has come to this for you but have to say "well done" for the love and support that you have given to so many little lives :thumb::love:

I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year! Xx

Happy New Year :wave:

You have done wonders for so many little lives and whilst they can't personally thank you we can. You have done so much and given up so much time for them. I hope you can always look back at the rescue with pride and fondness.

Thank you :love::love::love:

What a wonderful job of caring you have done over the years. It is very sad the government has done nothing and you have bore the brunt of unwanted animals. Happy New Year to you and your family. xxx

Happy New Year to you and your family.

The fact that so many furries have new homes is a fab legacy

Heres wishing you all well.

Fee x

Well done for all you have done. It cant be easy stepping down but I hope it will be the right choice for you all.

This breaks my heart to see, but fully understand why such a decision needs to be made.
Bless you for being there to care for so many who would've been lost without you. And kudos to your family for sticking by you through it all.
May your New Year be a happy and healthy one. Thinking of you and wishing you well. xxxx

sad to hear your closing but its what you have to do, just think of all those that you have helped through all those years, you've done such great work :thumb: all the best for the new year x

Huge hugs Tracy. You have done an amazing job for all those bunnies...so much admiration and respect for all you have done for the piggies and bunnies you have had through your doors. You have kept going, even through hard times with your health, just amazing.

Personally, I want to thank you for:

- taking in Twinkle and Star and letting us adopt them, even though we didn't necessarily have the best accommodation/knowledge in the early days, you worked with us and without them, we wouldn't have known our other buns or know about the amazing bunny world

- rescuing Kenco and letting us rehome that gentle dizzy fellow as a husbun to Fay, and bonding them together. They loved each other so much and he and I looked after each other when we had to say goodbye to her. We are so grateful we had that special man in our lives :love:

- letting us adopt Muesli as a partner for Starbuck and bonding them together for us, even though they are two boys they are probably the strongest bond we have here.

- bonding Buttercup and Zebedee together after we lost Kenco, they continue to be very happy together.

- for boarding all our buns when we've needed it

- for the Open Days, calendars, tree of light at Christmas and other fun things for us to get involved in.

- for being a lovely friend and being so lovely to us since we have had our little girl.

Tracy, you deserve a well earned rest and the biggest pat on the back for all you have sacrificed and achieved.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, from all of us xxx

Ps. I did have a little cry though. Oops

Happy New Year! xx

Oh my gosh x just to say you are amazing Tracy for all you and your family have done for rabbit welfare over the years x I adopted Cagney now at the bridge and the wonderful Bungo aka victor who is enjoying his twilight years with us.

Thank you Tracy for all your help for rescue four paws over the years and the difference you have made.

Sending hugs to you and family for 2014 I know how hard this decision must have been for you x

Hugs

Lany xxxx

How sad, but well done for all that you have done for these special little furries in the past and we wish you all the best for the future and a Happy and Healthy New Year xxxxx

Thank you for the amazing work that you have done for small furries over the years.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year and all the best for the future xx

I'm so sorry to hear this Tracy but you should be very proud of what you've achieved over the years; you've made a huge difference to the lives of so many small furries. I hope that 2014 will be a restful one for you, you probably deserve it after so many years of hard work. xx

You have done so much to help Rabbits in need over many years. Far more than most of us could ever hope to do. Thank you for your huge efforts and dedication. It is perfectly understandable that now you need to stand down. Whilst it is obviously a loss to Rabbit Rescue it in no way negates everything you have already done.

Very best wishes for 2014 xx

You have done an amazing job over the years and I totally understand the need for a step down. Having spoken to you a few times both on here and on the phone I found you to be so lovely and helpful and kind

I hope this decision will free up time to look after and spoil yourself and your family and that we will still see you around on here have a fantastic 2014 xxx

Just read all the other comments on here and am crying a little now you should be so proud of all that you have done

Last edited:
Back